A Little Tang Help.....

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a 250 tank. I have a purple, blue and a powder blue tang. My friend is going to tear his tank down due to work and want to give me a few fish. The only one that is a major concern is his Whitecheek Tang.....I would love to have him, but with a powder blue.........Your thoughts??

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never tried it. It might be a gamble, but it IS a big tank. I've seen powder blues and powder browns get along together, but don't know if they grew up together. If they're both adult, I don't think I'd risk it. I'm sure you'll get more experienced advice.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I you can catch the blue & re-release with the white cheek it might be ok or rearrange the rock work 1st then release the WC.

When I add a new fish I go dark on the tank until the next day, that also helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not willing to sacrifice the powder blue. Always wanted one and now I got him and he is thriving. Really not a big deal. I have no problem saying no to the White cheek Tang. I am sure he will find a new home fast. I just thought if there was a chance.

ironman187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a tank that big it should be ok. I've seen people put multiple tangs of the same species in a 180 with great success.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d pass on the new guy. But if you do it, I have found that mirrors are also helpful for dispersing tang aggression.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 45 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back