A mesh-mod saved my day!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most all sicce pumps have the start up issues unless you have a non directional volute from atb or something similar.... I had tons of start up issues with askoll pumps when I played for almost 8 months modding volutes and mesh impellers.... Like I said a dywer gauge for air intake and a kilowatt meter can really dial mesh mods in...1smile1

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
never had an issue with mine, works like a charm. how is it that you do the mod? cut the pins and then on that surface tie the mesh or you do a new disk like i did?

I used the impellers that came with my BM250. They had mesh mods as a stock item. Plus I usually just bought new impellers about once a year as the magnets also seem to be a weak point.
Since I bought the new white lightening pin wheel and volute combo from Luke, it has been uneventful for me.

OP
OP
jledon4

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the impellers that came with my BM250. They had mesh mods as a stock item. Plus I usually just bought new impellers about once a year as the magnets also seem to be a weak point.
Since I bought the new white lightening pin wheel and volute combo from Luke, it has been uneventful for me.
just looked at it but its still a pin wheel. i really like the way the mesh works for me, maybe i've been lucky and haven't had any problems yet. (knock on wood!!!) i really ended up making the mod because the impeller blew up, i was pleased on how my skimmer worked. what about the bubble blasters?

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with mesh mods and the startup issues for about 4 years. It is the mesh mods that have startup. issues.

I ran an asm G3 for a few years and had to ditch the mesh mod because I had so many issues between startup and also redoing the mesh mod. I got a great deal on a 3 month old SWC Extreme 250 with the (2) sicce 2500 on it. It came with the mesh mod wheels and pinwheels. I had issues with those mesh wheels starting. I ran the stock pinwheels for a while and then got two of these from Luke: white lighting pinwheel impeller They gave me a nice little boost and I have had no start up issues with them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jledon4

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great feedback from everyone! after hearing what you guys say, specially mfinn who has 4 years of experience with the mesh, looks like the pinwheel is the way to go after all.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
great feedback from everyone! after hearing what you guys say, specially mfinn who has 4 years of experience with the mesh, looks like the pinwheel is the way to go after all.

yeah, but it's people like Troylee, Mojo, Luke and others that I have learned from.

Back