A NC reefing group on R2R!

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Fayetteville but drive to Fintastic or Reef Keepers usually to shop. You should also have a couple of the Fish Room stores fairly close to you, one in Cary and one in Raliegh. Not really any good places in Fayetteville. Fintastic usually has some sales posted on their Facebook page. The guy that owns Reef Keepers has some massive corals in some of his displays.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Manteo. I go to the Fish Room when traveling through that area. Have work meetings in Cary every now and then.

Legal Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Fintastic has some nice things on sale this week. Check their Facebook.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does not seem to be much action here but maybe we can all start to change that, i really am looking for a place to get good corals and as my tank grows maybe we can all frag or something of the sort

Hey Scott I am is Asheville too! I’m down

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea going back to the beginning of this thread in 2010 there has not been much action on here. Lately I got to say the local guys don’t have much to offer. I did find a guy in Chandler who sells out of his home and got some insane torches and octospawn from him for about 40.00 a pop! The last one was a very nice Aussie gold. I will see if I can find his info and hook you up. Cash only no tax just kinda weird going to someone’s house and it’s hard to get In Touch with sometime. Between the Cherry live sale and the few pieces from CR sale I got that has been it. I know there are a few of us up here in the Ville but I have not met many of them I know Allen does a lot of maintenance for local customers that I would love to do some trades with

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are more events happening up here in the Raleigh area every year. Grace with the Reef Farm has been organizing a bunch. I know there is one this coming weekend (I believe the 8th?) and then there is another in December as well. There are quite a few hobbyist sellers seller up in this area and a pretty large community but unfortunately it seems to drop off quick to the east and west of Raleigh.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4ec0a573b0d2d1dddc559905a895b82c.jpg
f8ae9485d108e20ec2fc3ec6ed84e987.jpg

Jerrad has some great stuff that I have never seen in a store and his prices are even better!
[email protected]

Acameron2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High Point here, I use Triad Reef Critters and they are awesome! They have their annual "Reef Fest" this year on October 13th. However, they changed the name to "Aqua Fest" because they added in a fresh water component this year.

I go to triad reef critters too. [emoji1360]

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back