A NC reefing group on R2R!

FishingLovingSons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Statesville here; born and raised Huntersville/Charlotte. New to SW side of hobby, have kept serious FW tanks for about a decade. Hoping to dive into first reef tank soon... so if anyone local wants to let go of some (gently) used equipment let me know!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Timberlake, NC. Don't blink you might miss it!! Only 1 stop light, but we DO have a post office!!
My goto lfs are a 1 1/2 hour drive either way, but Triad Reef Critters and Fintastic of Wake County I highly recommend.

I know Timberlake, my friend.

Yes on Fintastic. I know David quite well. He's a true reefer who opened to help and sell at more than fair prices for other reefers.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Timberlake, my friend.
Yes on Fintastic. I know David quite well. He's a true reefer who opened to help and sell at more than fair prices for other reefers.
Ahoy Captain!!
Yep, David's a good guy and has a very knowledgeable group of guys/gals working for him. Small store but quality livestock and, have to agree, pricing is very reasonable.
I make the trip to see Grace at The Reef Farm too. Find a few gems there from time to time.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Grace and David are good. They both have good livestock. Although I find coral selection pretty basic but their fish selection is quite good. They are pretty helpful to new reefers. I think we can create a NC reefing group here.:)

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of the Crystal Coast you hail from Dsnakes? I'm gonna be in Wilmington next weekend. Gonna check out Coastal Reef, hear they've been upgrading. Curious to see what they've done to the place.
I’m a ways north of there. Roanoke Island.

Nep2nRevision3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend Triad Reef Critters if you are in the Greensboro area. I am in there at least once a week, thankfully they are about a 15 minute drive... Bonus = They just expanded again!

You didn't happen to be by there yesterday around 4:00-4:30 is did ya Arcticfirefighter?

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend Triad Reef Critters if you are in the Greensboro area. I am in there at least once a week, thankfully they are about a 15 minute drive... Bonus = They just expanded again!

I’m in Charlotte. Went to uncg. You think worth the trip? (If the shopping is no good at least there is Yum Yums:))

Blackice615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I come down to NC a few times a year. Where are some other great stores in the Raleigh/Cary area? I go to Fintastic every time I visit and hate I'm missing their 3 year annual sale this weekend

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back