A NC reefing group on R2R!

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm In morganton. The closest LFS is an hour away and the next one is an hour and 20 mins. So I do most stuff online. If you are moving to Asheville you should visit High Tide Aquariums. The store is impressively clean. I usually stop by there if I have to go to Asheville. The staff are very nice and everything in the store looks great. Fish at that place is hit or miss. They haven't had very many while I have been there but they usually have tons of coral and the coral all looks amazing. I'm always proud to add one of their corals to my tank.

I'll have to check it out once we move down. Thanks for the heads up!

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, is RASOC still pretty active with club meetings (outside of the current quarantine situation)?

Looks like the club forum has been pretty inactive for awhile and I'm trying to get a sense of what type of local reefing community is present since I'll be moving down to the Asheville area in June.
Before the current situation that hit us, we were pretty active in Club meetings this year with good turn outs. We also had a good amount of new members join this year as well. We had a Frag Swap, Swap Meet at the beginning of the year. We were going to have a speaker come from Sensafe the makers of ExactIDip come to one of our meeting to speak about their products and water testing, but it had to be postponed.

It was looking to be a great year for #RASOC but unfortunately the breaks had to be applied.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great news, thanks for info José. Understandable that things had to be put on pause ... but still very glad to know there's an active club fairly near to me for when things get somewhat back to normal!

Mandopicker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved over to the dark side (saltwater). We moved to Tobaccoville in January from Black Mountain. Is there a reef club in the Winston-Salem area?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bleigh , @lostinreef, @Empire and I have decided to start a new reef club to serve the Carolinas called the Carolina Reefing Community, or CRC for short. Currently all of us live in Charlotte, so please feel feel to check us out! Our website is CRChub.com

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 117 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back