A new adventure!

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have officially started the first baby step of our first tank!

Before we can even start the fun phase, we are completing a bathroom remodel. We discovered some nasty water damage from some faulty shower seams. The bathroom remodel is requiring us to complete work in our office, which will be the home of the new tank. So suffice to say, we are months away from getting up and running.

Our tank progress will be slow, but gives us plenty opportunity to research and acquire needed equipment.

We did purchase a stellar deal on a used package deal. Some stuff needs some light cleaning but nothing I'm not ready for! Our equipment is as follows:
Eshopps sump
Eshopps protein skimmer
Ice cap ATO (would like to swap out with Osmolator nano)
Orbit light system with loop controller
sicce syncra 2.0 pump
Bubble Magus dosing pump
Need to purchase new power heads
Looking at the BRS heater ( 2 - 100w units)
Still need need to determine how to add refugium to existing sump

It's going to be a slow start, but they say slow n steady wins the race, right?

Resized_20200216_102758.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Will be a Real Nice Tank !!
welcome46.gif

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! The great thing about saltwater is it takes patience anyway so good to go lol. Is that where it's going to be? If so why. It fill it with water and start cycling tank?

OP
OP
etork

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! The great thing about saltwater is it takes patience anyway so good to go lol. Is that where it's going to be? If so why. It fill it with water and start cycling tank?
This is just where we have it sitting temporarily while work is done in the bathroom and office. It cant stay where its sitting now, and there is zero room in the office. I so wish but I know that patience will pay off this time!

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I thought that's what ya were saying just. Yea it's the hardest to when the tank is up and running and trying to take it slow ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful ;Joyful

OP
OP
etork

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this weeks update... still doing a ton of just sitting back and learning. We bought a QT tank (and some equip for it), bought a wifi camera to set up once tank is complete and swapped sumps. We wanted a bigger sump so we have room for a refugium.

Still working on the house renos before tank setup can start. We had good progress on the bathroom, so that means that once that's done the office can be finished. I just keep telling myself slow and steady!

20200223_151529.jpg

OP
OP
etork

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visited BRS today! Picked up our RO/DI system, and some piping. Then made our rounds to some local fish stores. Getting super excited to get started!

20200306_112720.jpg

OP
OP
etork

etork

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been like 3 months of working on our bathroom and office (oh yeah and quarantine, WFH, potty training and unrest in the Twin Cities) but we finally got the tank into place. Within a few hours of just simply setting the tank into place, we decided to upgrade.

We decided to make a small (and final) jump to a 75 gallon. So much happier that we will be able to have fun with rock work. Next step is cleaning it out, plumbing and purchasing a UV sterilizer

Resized952020060295201912.jpg

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's been like 3 months of working on our bathroom and office (oh yeah and quarantine, WFH, potty training and unrest in the Twin Cities) but we finally got the tank into place. Within a few hours of just simply setting the tank into place, we decided to upgrade.

We decided to make a small (and final) jump to a 75 gallon. So much happier that we will be able to have fun with rock work. Next step is cleaning it out, plumbing and purchasing a UV sterilizer

Resized952020060295201912.jpg
Great start!
I have found with my build the slower you go, the more that changes. My wife wouldn't let me start until we replaced carpet and painted the living room. I stared with a used 90 supper cheap and ended up getting 2 tanks, bigger sumps and more equipment and still getting more :) and still don't have water!
I know our time will pay off though. Keep building, I'll keep watching.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back