47.jpg

46.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Severe depression is what caused my issue along with facing the fact that my neurological condition will not get any better but we are all born with the ability to survive and overcome anything brought our way.
I never really asked for the present but wow was I surprised so I want to make the best of it and document every process as I go and maybe some of my decisions made on this build will help someone else.

@Katrina71 after meeting you and your son I was so happy to the the enthusiasm that you guys had in learning this wonderful hobby. I am needing some sand and trying to figure out who has some. I have 2 brand new bags of this but I think that 4 more will be ideal
e8921c6e56c13921a3852cbabce67574.png
Petco.com
On sale from $28.99 to $16.87. If you do store pickup, extra 10% off and will be under $15/bag

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco.com
On sale from $28.99 to $16.87. If you do store pickup, extra 10% off and will be under $15/bag
That is what I did bu I think that my dad went a little overboard when I told him a few bags and he came back with 160lbs of sand lol.
Nice! I have that same ADJ PC-100 power center and I love it. Running it almost two years and works solid.
Mounting it was my dad's job as me and the saw didn't get along to well :p

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is looking awesome! Ours is coming together. No tank yet. It's coming. We ran into a couple of snags, but nothing we can't overcome. Hopefully I'll get to start trimming the stand this week!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following! I enjoyed following along your previous shallow build, this should be fun too. Props to your dad for his help and power tool skill and his excitement/going overboard with bags of sand ;-)
He is the most amazing father and has taken a true love to watching these tanks grow and mature

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is looking awesome! Ours is coming together. No tank yet. It's coming. We ran into a couple of snags, but nothing we can't overcome. Hopefully I'll get to start trimming the stand this week!
What size is the stand because my old sump might be perfect for you guys.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Maxspect Jump12k? I am thinking about getting this for my 225g but haven't seen any reviews yet as its so new to the market. Love the color scheme and look of the pump.
Okay, I love this pump so far as it has help the power solid and is quiet. The cords are very long which is nice on a big tank and the pump has a 1.5in output so its easy to screw on a 1.5 pvc adapter and hard plumb.
Time will tell but so far so good.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%

Back