A R2R Spotlight: "Purple Death"

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they have spread to the UK already? Man i bet these have to be the best cultured coral ever. I would have never thought it when i first found them.
I am glad they are grown so much. Nice job on growing them out berns!!

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the UK is way behind in terms of zoa craze but its started now and rolling along slowing but nicely, theres a few now suppling a bit of more colourful stock, nothing like what you lot have got but hopefully ill help change that in time :)

im into culturing in a BIG way and i mean truely cultured stock..... i grow small colonies in one of my props (mother prop) from just a couple polyps and then use these colonies to start a run of next generation frags, while the frags grow the mother colony also re-grows for the next fragging session at a later date..... totally cultured zoas/palys.

i guess ive currently over 60x morphs (most never seen in the UK) in various stages of growth so theres always plenty coming through at any given time, its very addictive with the challenges of some morphs (i cant get my pink elephants to grow more then two polyps a month lol) but thats all part of the fun aswell

yes its very rewarding too but without doubt my biggest thrill is being able to spread beautiful morphs across the uk...... eg. there must be 40+ tub's blue colonies growing in UK aquariums because of just around 10x polyps i received 18 months back (and the next 10x frags of 5-8 polyps are nearly ready :)

LorenK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pics of your setup? Maybe you already have and I should do a search.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pics of your setup? Maybe you already have and I should do a search.

that'll be a fun one to see.. :)

maybe you can start a thread on the member's tank forum to keep this thread on the right track... :)

abe

abe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
purple deaths are real beauties. i have a knockoff which still has great color, just not as rich as a real purple death
fast growing
ccfde235.jpg

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine turned poop brown after being moved to the new tank which has a lot more lighting and flow.

Right now they are about 2' from 250w 14k phoenix. They reproduce like crazy so I plan on fragging to move them around.

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know about anybody else but my purple deaths fell under my egg create along with some green payls and some wammin watermelons and the the payls and zoes that touch a purple death morphed i have one green one. with a purple line goin throught it. and the wammin watermelon zoe has a bright green line goin from the skirt to the eye wich is now a bright grren ill get pics asap

BriGuy31+

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont know about anybody else but my purple deaths fell under my egg create along with some green payls and some wammin watermelons and the the payls and zoes that touch a purple death morphed i have one green one. with a purple line goin throught it. and the wammin watermelon zoe has a bright green line goin from the skirt to the eye wich is now a bright grren ill get pics asap

That's cool. Can't wait to see the pics

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back