A Slice of Reef Imagined

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo, someone said that God only gives you what you can handle........God must think I'm Charles Atlas, very old ref there, lol. After all the above went on and we got through it, life decided we needed to deal with the worst. Our oldest daughter passed away very suddenly 2 years ago at Christmas. I won't get into details but it was an absolute shock. As a result of her passing we are now "parents" to our 5 year old granddaughter. Everything got neglected on the hobby side for quite a while. I've had to ramp back up to getting a child up and dressed for school and dropping off and so on in my 60's. I am finally able to get back to the tanks, yes, they are still running, just in rough shape. In with all of this other tragedy I encountered a huge cyano bloom I could not beat. Turns out our new whole house water treatment system/iron filter was the cause. I am finally getting ahead of things. Also we lost some fish due to the power company coming out and changing meters without notice. Power was off for some time right as i treated for cyano with meds and the resultant low oxygen condition was too much for the bigger fish. All the small ones survived though. As did all mushrooms, Psammacora and a few gorgonians. So I will rebuild both tanks from here. I hope you and yours are safe and well! Also, thanks to Reef2Reef for a place to "hide" for a few minutes during all of life's trials.
So sorry for your loss, I'm glad to hear you're getting through things though. Wish you and yours the best going forward.

Glad to see you kept at it despite everything going on. Looking forward to seeing some updated tank pics!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back