A Stinging Feeling; Hollywood Stunner.

  • Thread starter Thread starter rlracing2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rlracing2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently picked up a frag of Hollywood Stunner Chalice from my LFS. I've heard countless stories and seen many a YouTube video about how LONG the sweepers can actually be. However, I thought the placement over the weekend was about near perfect. Not to pat myself on the back or anything, because after coming into the office this morning I noticed some Zoas acting particularly odd. I haven't seen this behavior from any Zoa colonies, especially this one which has grown quite a bit and never fussed about much.

Can anyone confirm or deny that the new Stunner frag is or might be stinging these guys? (Pardon the crappy iPhone picture.)

IMG_0410.JPG
 
I would bet the stunner is stinging those at the top. I have the hollywood stunner and often regret putting it in my tank. It is a force, and very quick to encrust on the rock. I often see the sweepers estended up to 5 inches when lights are off.
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new