Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sweet set up

I really appreciate that. I wanted to do something different and I spent years working on this. Its not really anything special but I tried hard to make it functional for me. I love looking into a natural reef style tank but it wasn't for me. This is what I ended up with.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome!
What part of Wisconsin are you in?

BIG thanks Mike! You have no idea how indebted to you I am... Morgan hooked me up for real! Thanks for putting in the good word. That piece is coming along nicely :wink:

I'm in Mad-town when I'm not hangin with the fam in NY or traveling the globe :matrix: haha

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like it lets see more shots

No doubt! I got you!! Thanks :cool:

3-29-2010016-1.jpg

1-13-2010017-1.jpg

Same one as the last

1-13-2010021-1.jpg

I don't do anything to my photos but add my name... I have never changed the white balance or other stuff, maybe I should, I dunno, I just point and shoot and thats it! I need to learn more tho, hopefully my photos will get better. The corals do look like this tho, the camera don't lie :doubt: lol

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice Kris, and great growth on that pink boobs chalice.

I appreciate that Renato! Don't worry I will give your chalice some 'face time' once she gets settled in a lil more. Its surely becoming one of my favs too, can't believe you gave it up :eek:oh:

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice design. Seems like a breeze to maintain.

Fishcrazy06

Reefing Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Wisconsin are you? Nice looking ATS setup. Care to elaborate a litte more on it and how you built it?

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice corals, Nice tanks, and i was digging the macro tank. Kind of inspired me to do something similar.

Thank you and thank you! I love my macros. One day I want to collect them all, lol, just a few thousand more to go!!!

If you ever start a thread please pm me the link, I would enjoy seeing it :)

Just in case anyone didn't see my Crazy Amazing Blue Macro tank, here she is, still doing fine, these are some pics from January, I've got so many types of macro and some seagrasses in there its hard to count! The Blue is very photogenic :beauty:

1-18-2010001-1.jpg

I've had a Sunset monti in there for years

1-18-2010005-1.jpg

1-18-2010004-1.gif

1-18-2010003-1.jpg

I love the sparkle

1-18-2010006-1.jpg

Its also got a really cool striped sparkle pattern, copepod says 'hi'

1-18-2010003-2.gif

I want to turn everyone into macro believers :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice set up and pics
- like the algae scrubber

Thank you :) It took me a while to figure out how I wanted it... I just always knew how I didn't want it... no plastics. The glass plates were a custom order, granite texture. The V shape adds efficiency doubling my square inches.

Nice design. Seems like a breeze to maintain.

Yes, its pretty easy to maintain as far as cleaning and nutrient export. One of my favorite aspects is its ease to maintain as far as feeding. I target feed every other night and I don't even have to get my hands wet, ha! Thanks!!!

Where in Wisconsin are you? Nice looking ATS setup. Care to elaborate a litte more on it and how you built it?

Big Ups Wisconsin! I'm in Mad-town. Thanks, my ATS is def not your average plastic screen in a 5g bucket, lol. I had the glass tanks custom made with extra thick glass, 1/2" all the way around when I coulda used 3/8". I had the stands welded and powder coated locally to fit dimensions of the levels I wanted to create for the waterfall. Stands are 2" x 1/8" square steel, much more than I need. I could park a semi on this stand, lol. But like an idiot I only included one drain per tank, lol. Don't know what I was thinking, I was planning for two the whole time and changed it at the last minute. This next tank I'm in the process of building will have 3 drains per tank Beananimal style. When that ones set up, in a few months, I am going to move all my corals to that tank and drill more holes in this one for emergency drains. So far no issues with floods or draining problems :)

I have no fish or crabs or anything to steal food from my corals, just astrea snails for algae. Because I have no live rock with my corals I have no bristle worm problems or anything else that likes to eat coral food. My acans and chalices eat like KINGS 1smile1

Blackhawk Fan

Jedi Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BIG thanks Mike! You have no idea how indebted to you I am... Morgan hooked me up for real! Thanks for putting in the good word. That piece is coming along nicely :wink:

I'm in Mad-town when I'm not hangin with the fam in NY or traveling the globe :matrix: haha

I'm glad you joined up over here Kris. People like you make this board the great place it is. :)

Morgan is a great guy. I'll be paying him a visit next week. :p

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you joined up over here Kris. People like you make this board the great place it is. :)

Morgan is a great guy. I'll be paying him a visit next week. :p

Thank you for the kind words, likewise! I feel a responsibility to share back with the community that has shared so much with me :xd:

4-2-2010008-1.jpg

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have collected over 55 acans so far, only the best of the best from the best sources.

This one is my absolute favorite, its colors are BANANAS!!!!!! Haven't seen one like it. The outer rim is thin red not the usual white. The mouth is rainbow also. I have had it for well over 6 months and the colors have stuck, only become more 'highlighter". These are some of the best, true-color, photos I have taken.

Actually I think I'm gonna name it...

Alpha Bananas Acan

4-2-2010013-1.jpg

Here it is next to another yellow acan. I have many yellows but Bananas is YELLOW!!!

4-2-2010014-1.jpg

Shots taken with full lighting t5's in the middle of the day earlier today, no LED's at all

4-2-2010012-1.jpg

:xd:

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4-2-2010008-1.jpg

Same acan in this pic while eating under LED's, one of the new polyps is growing bright green stripes in the rim and mouth. I have a feeling they are going to stick... Can't wait to see what happens, they are bright!!!

4-3-2010018-1.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back