OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another cheesehead who would have thought there were that many reefers in Wisconsin! Anyways looks like you have some amazing stuff! I should come take a look sometime!

Hey man my bad about not hitting you back on that pm. I've been pretty bad lately about returning pm's. Its always good to meet other local reefers. I only know three people in Wisconsin with reefs, well I met another kid today so maybe 4 now, wait plus you, that makes 5! I'm getting my numbers up!!! LOL! Thank you for complimenting my collection. Its always nice hearing compliments :xd: I would love to have you come and check out the coral stash, but can we hold off for a few months? I'm making some crazy upgrades and might be getting some space outside of my home. And i'm gonna want to see your stuff also in the future. Do you have a lot of acans and chalices? What do you collect?

alexshefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge chalice guy! Just starting to build my collection slowly but surely cause they are on the more expensive side but are amazing! My favorite that I have is a Tyree alien eye that is doing real well. So hopefully in the future I can get some chalices from you. I did not have luck with acans at first but am slowly building my collection back up just added two forms of rainbows this past week that look very promising!

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a huge chalice guy! Just starting to build my collection slowly but surely cause they are on the more expensive side but are amazing! My favorite that I have is a Tyree alien eye that is doing real well. So hopefully in the future I can get some chalices from you. I did not have luck with acans at first but am slowly building my collection back up just added two forms of rainbows this past week that look very promising!

Lets keep in communication. You should post some pics of your rainbow acans and pm me the link :) I just ordered 4x four foot Reefbrite LED strips. Not sure if I wanna put them on this tank or the next one...

alexshefchik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely do that! I am actually in the process of rearranging my tanks. I am setting up a 40 and 30 breeder with a 4 bulb tek t5 fixture and a retrofit kit t5 for the 30 breeder. I wish I had the cash for a LED strip. I almost bought one at the last show I was at but decided to do my upgrade instead. And if I were you I would definitely put it on your tank now and enjoy the glow!
I have a crappy camera but looking at getting a new one once I get some decent pics I will keep you in the loop! Your going to have to get some chalice eye candy for me, especially under those LEDs.

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More chalice eye candy coming soon...

for now ACANS!!!!

I love the green flouro speckles on this one!

5-1-2010010-2.jpg

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris please don't post anymore Acan's .. I have been seeing some nice acans on vendor forum as well and I am starting to ich again on collecting :).. nice stuff

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris please don't post anymore Acan's .. I have been seeing some nice acans on vendor forum as well and I am starting to ich again on collecting :).. nice stuff
:hammer:

yeah, me too... but like K@ndY, I'm gonna try to get a few L series lens, instead of LE corals... haha...

nice collection of corals Kris... :bigsmile:

hansmtt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another Cheddarhead here, but in LaCrosse. We've got a nice sized group, close to 50 on the western edge. Whereall are you located?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i said the same thing.... i was over my acan thang and when kris sent out those free corals he threw a acan in there and that was that....back on the prowl...lol

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just getting you back for all those chalices you post :tongue:

:hammer:

yeah, me too... but like K@ndY, I'm gonna try to get a few L series lens, instead of LE corals... haha...

nice collection of corals Kris... :bigsmile:

Tell me about it. I love my cannon macro lense but I can't take fts unless I stand on my couch with my head near the cieling, lol. Time for a new lense! Thanks man!

Another Cheddarhead here, but in LaCrosse. We've got a nice sized group, close to 50 on the western edge. Whereall are you located?

BIG UPS!!! WISCONSIN IN THE HOUSE!!! I'm in Madison. When I get freed up I will drive out there and bring you guys some cuttings of my red bubble algae and maybe some trades?? :xd:

i said the same thing.... i was over my acan thang and when kris sent out those free corals he threw a acan in there and that was that....back on the prowl...lol

Yes! Another reefer converted to acan lover. The world is next!!!

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ill send you a message next time Im down in mad town poss buy some corals from ya??

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ill send you a message next time Im down in mad town poss buy some corals from ya??

For sure hit me up and see if i'll be around. I've never sold a coral and have been working to grow out my pieces but it would be cool to spread a few of these pieces around. I would gladly give you some frags of my red bubble algae and my blue algae. I'm glad I started this thread rep'in WI so hard... a lot of locals have been hitting me up. I need to join some WI clubs soon! :)

OP
OP
Alpha Aquaculture

Alpha Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I really love my t5's for my acans. I'm thinking about giving them more light by moving the fixture closer to the water but I haven't committed yet.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back