Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D51CD4A0-C1D0-4432-B9CF-1AC06317A0FF.png
Hello all,
I’ve got 4 of these to run my cp40s from my p4.
I think I’ve got it sussed the pin out but I’ve been working between Swedish, German and pigeon English (I can’t speak German or Swedish and some say I can’t speak English either !)
My question is has anyone done this ?
Can you run 2 from one RJ45 L1 or L2 with a splitter or do you have to have 1 each ?
I’ve put a pick of the pin out for the AQLink.
Any help from you electrical geniuses would be gratefully appreciated.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D51CD4A0-C1D0-4432-B9CF-1AC06317A0FF.png
Hello all,
I’ve got 4 of these to run my cp40s from my p4.
I think I’ve got it sussed the pin out but I’ve been working between Swedish, German and pigeon English (I can’t speak German or Swedish and some say I can’t speak English either !)
My question is has anyone done this ?
Can you run 2 from one RJ45 L1 or L2 with a splitter or do you have to have 1 each ?
I’ve put a pick of the pin out for the AQLink.
Any help from you electrical geniuses would be gratefully appreciated.
You should be able to run 2 with a splitter. Of course, they will both always run the same speed/direction as each other. You couldn't control them separately on a splitter.

OP
OP
Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
919A7C68-0FBB-4E57-B454-8ADD78A1D16A.jpeg
Thanks Brew I was just to put up an exceptionally professional schematic to ask if that would work !!!! Lol
To run 2 from L1 and L2 and sacricifice the reverse function ???

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'M TRYING TO DO THE SAME . WANT TO HOOK TO MY APEX I BOUT THE BOX BUT.FO YOU NEED TO BUY A WIRE? HOW DO YU CONECT IT TO THE APEX

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
919A7C68-0FBB-4E57-B454-8ADD78A1D16A.jpeg
Thanks Brew I was just to put up an exceptionally professional schematic to ask if that would work !!!! Lol
To run 2 from L1 and L2 and sacricifice the reverse function ???
If you don't care about the reverse function you only need wires attached to 5 & 6.

Does the 4 use an RJ45 connection for speed control? If it does, the easiest way is to use one of these assuming that the GHL uses pins 5&6 also. You may even be able to do directional control on both if the GHL also uses pins 1&2. I know this would work on the Apex. I don't have the GHL P4 yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-MAC...&qid=1511817482&sr=8-3&keywords=rj45+splitter

Then just plug the controller into the splitter and one cable from the splitter to each pump.

OP
OP
Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't care about the reverse function you only need wires attached to 5 & 6.

Does the 4 use an RJ45 connection for speed control? If it does, the easiest way is to use one of these assuming that the GHL uses pins 5&6 also. You may even be able to do directional control on both if the GHL also uses pins 1&2. I know this would work on the Apex. I don't have the GHL P4 yet.
https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-MAC...&qid=1511817482&sr=8-3&keywords=rj45+splitter

Then just plug the controller into the splitter and one cable from the splitter to each pump.
I only want to run them in reverse for maybe an hour during the night. So I think I'll run the four pumps on L1 L2 L3 and L4 and then use L5 to referse all 4 pumps.
I'll programme the p4 to ramp down to 0 at say 2am. Then get L5 to reverse all the pumps then ramp them up for an hour then do the reverse.
It will probably be easier to make a little circuit board up rather than end up with a birds net of wires.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only want to run them in reverse for maybe an hour during the night. So I think I'll run the four pumps on L1 L2 L3 and L4 and then use L5 to referse all 4 pumps.
I'll programme the p4 to ramp down to 0 at say 2am. Then get L5 to reverse all the pumps then ramp them up for an hour then do the reverse.
It will probably be easier to make a little circuit board up rather than end up with a birds net of wires.
Do you run all 4 at different speeds?

OP
OP
Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want the facility. I think maybe the best bet is to get an expansion card so ive got full forward and reverse on all independently. For the sake of £50 might be the easiest way. I bought an rj45 cable kit so knocking up a few cables is no problem

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bomb your tread. It just Iv bin trying to connect these to my apex for weeks now

OP
OP
Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure these are designed for the apex so a straight rj45 cable is fine as for the programming of it I've no clue
I've attached the manual for the aqlink if you haven't got it Jerzyray .

Attachments

• a1manual (1).pdf
    665.7 KB · Views: 197

Jerzyray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure these are designed for the apex so a straight rj45 cable is fine as for the programming of it I've no clue
I've attached the manual for the aqlink if you haven't got it Jerzyray .
yo man, thanks. I'm sure we will suckseed..

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want the facility. I think maybe the best bet is to get an expansion card so ive got full forward and reverse on all independently. For the sake of £50 might be the easiest way. I bought an rj45 cable kit so knocking up a few cables is no problem
As a short term fix you could operate them in pairs with a splitter. L1/L2 to a splitter. From the splitter to 2 different drives. Then the same with L3/L4. That way you could have fun control over both pumps with clean wiring and you could choose to add more control later.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bomb your tread. It just Iv bin trying to connect these to my apex for weeks now
The pinout on the Apex is the same. Each RJ45 connection has 2 x 0-10V ports. They are on wired 1&2 with the 2nd control on 5&6.

OP
OP
Anthony Mckay

Anthony Mckay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just something I noticed whilst reading the in depth user manual !!!!
In the writing is says the pins do one thing then in the picture it shows they do the opposite so I will let you know which is which !!!!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back