a160 to ap700?

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OPINIONS WANTED!

Got a Reefer 250 & thinking about upgrading to ap700. Currently have 2x a160 over the tank but thinking about pulling the trigger on the ap700. Are there any reasons why I should stick with what I have? I’m currently running them at 40%, but looking to go with more SPS soon.

Thanks

Also, I have a custom top, so I’m not sure if I can do anything else. It would only be possible if they can fit in the same spot.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OPINIONS WANTED!

Got a Reefer 250 & thinking about upgrading to ap700. Currently have 2x a160 over the tank but thinking about pulling the trigger on the ap700. Are there any reasons why I should stick with what I have? I’m currently running them at 40%, but looking to go with more SPS soon.

Thanks

Also, I have a custom top, so I’m not sure if I can do anything else. It would only be possible if they can fit in the same spot.
All depends. Are you looking to go primarily sps or just add in a couple? The 160s are more then capable of handling sps corals.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking for more of a mixed reef, but I’d like to get into sps. I have zero at the moment.
If you're just doing a few sps id keep the 160s but crank up the intensity. Do it slowly over time though as the corals you have now will need to adjust to the higher intensity.

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're just doing a few sps id keep the 160s but crank up the intensity. Do it slowly over time though as the corals you have now will need to adjust to the higher intensity.

Got ya. It sounds like I could save my money at the moment. Where do the 360s and the ap700 come into play then? At what point are those needed and when do you differentiate between them?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back