A360WE Tuna Blues Discontinued?

RBZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the A360WE Tuna Blues being Discontinued?
I noticed all the stores are removing them from the sites and one even has it as discontinued?
Anyone know the story on this?

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed all the stores are removing them from the sites and one even has it as discontinued?
hope not! I love my tuna blues!

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A360WE Tuna Blue and Tuna Sun lines, while they served a good run, have been discontinued and replaced with the A360X Tuna Blue. There are still some locations with stock out there, but as they sell out, they're gone.

We'll continue to provide support for them through their warranty period.

Overall, the A360X provides a better product than the A360WE - both in terms of experience, function, and longevity.

The A360WE gave us a phenomenal product, and a mountain of data we used to improve on as we build the A360X.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The A360WE Tuna Blue and Tuna Sun lines, while they served a good run, have been discontinued and replaced with the A360X Tuna Blue. There are still some locations with stock out there, but as they sell out, they're gone.

We'll continue to provide support for them through their warranty period.

Overall, the A360X provides a better product than the A360WE - both in terms of experience, function, and longevity.

The A360WE gave us a phenomenal product, and a mountain of data we used to improve on as we build the A360X.
Dear Kessil, you just committed "customer suicide". There are literally thousands of reefers that use the A360WE and you just gave them the shaft. If mine go bad - YOU will NOT be considered when I look for a replacement. I have thousand$ tied up in my set up(s) & Kessils were incorporated with my Apex and everything has been great. Now you're dropping them for some "dongle" technology (that is "janky) and does not work fluently (yet) with Neptune Apex.

I agree with new & improved equipment, but to drop products/replacements and your "supposed" support for existing customers - sounds like "lip service" . Sorry, I was born at night - NOT LAST NIGHT.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Kessil, you just committed "customer suicide". There are literally thousands of reefers that use the A360WE and you just gave them the shaft. If mine go bad - YOU will NOT be considered when I look for a replacement. I have thousand$ tied up in my set up(s) & Kessils were incorporated with my Apex and everything has been great. Now you're dropping them for some "dongle" technology (that is "janky) and does not work fluently (yet) with Neptune Apex.

I agree with new & improved equipment, but to drop products/replacements and your "supposed" support for existing customers - sounds like "lip service" . Sorry, I was born at night - NOT LAST NIGHT.
Hi @Mical - I appreciate the feedback, and I'll make sure to pass it onto the team here.

If you're ever having issues with your A360WEs, let us know. As mentioned, we'll provide as much support as we can (we warrantied an A150 unit a few weeks back that someone had bought recently. Not sure how they managed to buy it new as we stopped producing them nearly 9 nears ago - but we stand behind our products and will do what we can to make things right).

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Mical - I appreciate the feedback, and I'll make sure to pass it onto the team here.

If you're ever having issues with your A360WEs, let us know. As mentioned, we'll provide as much support as we can (we warrantied an A150 unit a few weeks back that someone had bought recently. Not sure how they managed to buy it new as we stopped producing them nearly 9 nears ago - but we stand behind our products and will do what we can to make things right).
Thanks for the reply, and NO I'm not having issues with mine, they're actually "pretty great". Mine are between 2-5 years old and I've had ZERO issues. I use canned air monthly and clean them and they've been nothing but stellar.

As with ANY product that works reliably, and is incorporated into a system that takes days, months & years to configure only to hear it's being discontinued is troubling. I hope you guys take a second look at your decision, because many customers (including myself) WILL go elsewhere once feeling betrayed by a company. Customer support isn't just addressing customers problems, it's supporting them for the long run especially when it's been such a successful product. (I used to be an engineer for BMW - "been there, done that")

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply, and NO I'm not having issues with mine, they're actually "pretty great". Mine are between 2-5 years old and I've had ZERO issues. I use canned air monthly and clean them and they've been nothing but stellar.

As with ANY product that works reliably, and is incorporated into a system that takes days, months & years to configure only to hear it's being discontinued is troubling. I hope you guys take a second look at your decision, because many customers (including myself) WILL go elsewhere once feeling betrayed by a company. Customer support isn't just addressing customers problems, it's supporting them for the long run especially when it's been such a successful product. (I used to be an engineer for BMW - "been there, done that")
I absolutely understand where you're coming from. We're all hobbyists here - the amount of work that goes into our tanks to keep them running and sustaining life is no small feat.

The A360WE was initially designed and released in 2013. The reality is that LED technology and what people want out of their lamps has drastically changed between 2013 and 2018 (when we initially released the A360X). The A360X was designed based on 5 years of customer feedback, requests, complaints, and light failures on the A360WE models. Fundamentally, the A360X is a better light than the A360WE in all measurable categories.

However, knowing that the A360WE had a strong following and APEX compatibility, we ran the A360X and A360WE in parallel until this year where ultimately the tough decision was made to discontinue production on the A360WE as the A360X had gobbled up the demand - and the one feature the A360WE has the 360X did not (APEX interfacing) was being solved.

As for your A360WE's - we'll support them how we can until they reach their end of life, and when it comes time to change lighting, we're more than happy to support and help get the A360Xs interfaced into your existing system with as little disruption as possible. From one hobbyist to another - we've got your back.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PS - Email us for the deep cleaning instructions on the A360WEs if you don't already have them. It's a good "every few months" maintenance piece to extend the lifespan of the lamps once they're outside their warranty period.

You can also view the deep cleaning on this YouTube video - advanced maintenance begins 22:00 in. Kessil University - A360WE

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back