Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Haha! I totally wasn’t thinking and when I woke up the next day and looked at that 2x4 and did this
emoji1751.png
‍
emoji3603.png
. I used a forstner bit and drilled through most of it till I could break it in half. Lol maybe 1 too many beers
emoji481.png
that night.
Picked up the first 275 gallons of water last night. 4 more runs to go. I’ll do one run a day. Just to make sure all is going smoothly between each 275gallons
c3448a7d4a7f48aafc15bd604a3622e6.jpg

56bcf22581881173bb51b1940e3d1835.jpg

ef4548e9f6a395f63d892b1576599f6b.jpg

b23f071533456e05365fb21ce260136b.jpg

Sweet! Gonna be a loooong 4 more days I bet. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.
 
Really cool man! Looking forward to the build!!!

You should insulate your garage door panels. Just a tip ;)
 
Picked up the first 275 gallons of water last night. 4 more runs to go. I’ll do one run a day. Just to make sure all is going smoothly between each 275gallons
c3448a7d4a7f48aafc15bd604a3622e6.jpg

56bcf22581881173bb51b1940e3d1835.jpg

ef4548e9f6a395f63d892b1576599f6b.jpg

b23f071533456e05365fb21ce260136b.jpg


That last picture shows well that 275 gallons is not that much at all...
Great to see the rock wet.
 
Incredible! I can’t wait to see more. I can already picture it with stone overlay.

Have you thought about adding another dimension to it like a couple mangroves? Definitely have the space for them :)
 
Incredible! I can’t wait to see more. I can already picture it with stone overlay.

Have you thought about adding another dimension to it like a couple mangroves? Definitely have the space for them :)

Thank you. Yeah I’m looking forward to getting the outside stone on there. Going to wait a little while though. Give any leaks time to become visible before I cover the wood.
Yes I have thought of some other stuff but not going to work on those ideas just yet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new