Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Awesome build! I'm not usually a fan of huge tanks, but this one is special. I used to have a koi pond before I moved, and I like how this combines a saltwater system with the form factor of a pond. Nicely done so far.

I can't imagine what the evaporation rate is going to be with something that has this much surface area. What's your plans for the ATO system?
 
i like you, i love your tank ^^!
 
Awesome build! I'm not usually a fan of huge tanks, but this one is special. I used to have a koi pond before I moved, and I like how this combines a saltwater system with the form factor of a pond. Nicely done so far.

I can't imagine what the evaporation rate is going to be with something that has this much surface area. What's your plans for the ATO system?

Thank you!

Haven’t decided if I want to connect one of my RODIs straight up to a float valve or use a separate reservoir/kalkwasser that I manually refill each week.
 
Maybe Bubble King 650 =))
 
Man I missed a lot, I really enjoy this build. I like DIY and as attractive as some of the big pretty custom sumps are, I like the plywood ones. Great way to get what you want with out having to pay the insane prices for custom builds. fantastic system man!
 
Haha! I totally wasn’t thinking and when I woke up the next day and looked at that 2x4 and did this [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]. I used a forstner bit and drilled through most of it till I could break it in half. Lol maybe 1 too many beers [emoji481] that night.
I did this when I build a glass sump. I used a little board to prop up the glass and let it all dry and then cussed loudly when I had to cut a baffle out to retrieve the board.
 
Checking in and finally up to date with the thread.
Congratulations on the progress so far.
A tank unique as this one asks for patience and a well thought process.
Wishing you all the best!
 
A great big one. LOL!

It's a good question. What will you use?


A great big lol! Aquarium engineering

dd8994f07bfe1925a1b16512992b6b78.jpg
 
how do you remove po4 with your huge tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new