Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Yes, those fish in the pics you posted are called koi fish. Ancient Japanese art fish. When you fill your tank with hose water, the waterfall will emerge as a fire/water image. Use your focuse to catch the koi fish and they will come to you.
What are you talking about?
 
No I do not plan on moving again. If I do it’ll just take some work to reverse it all.

Close loop was on my mind but I decided to put the extra effort and work in to have MP40WQDs.
How will you mount them?
 
765cd94c39f31d06c97b68d5f27d0b20.jpg

Absolutely love this! She looks right at home there.

 
Update.

I decided to build my own wooden sump because I need it to fit under my work bench right next to the main tank. It’s 8’Lx24”wX16”T. This is the first and main sump (indoors). It’ll also hold a section for my heaters and chiller. This sump also has a 1.5” pvc pipe plumb directly outside for an “emergency” overflow. It’ll safely direct water outside to the side of my house.
I slapped the first coat of pond armor on it today too.
I also routed out the wood on the main tank for my MP40WQDs wires to hide in.
I’m running all the wires through the wood to the back wall.
bc6d49c7eb3837f6ff3b324dcb9eb85b.jpg

e5e09c66966057daed197229a8d18095.jpg

a8e244a4ae775f56eacc973164b164b6.jpg

3c5bc2a8e873791ded3e4d7d9d59c202.jpg
 
Dudeeee plzzz keep us updated!!! This is freaking Amazin, got me here thinking!
 
Plastic Deck wood I had laying around for my daughters tree fort. The separated part at the end of the sump is for the heating system I intend to use....

I've been following along on your build and 2 things; 1.) It is coming along very well and looks great! 2.) I am jealous! :D

Based on everything you've done up until now, I'm fairly sure you've done the research on those baffles but just want to make sure they're pure plastic/pvc and you double checked with the manufacturer about using them safely in saltwater. It would really suck to get everything set up, running and then find out they're leaching something into your water.

Once again, great build and looking forward to your next steps and final product!
 
I've been following along on your build and 2 things; 1.) It is coming along very well and looks great! 2.) I am jealous! :D

Based on everything you've done up until now, I'm fairly sure you've done the research on those baffles but just want to make sure they're pure plastic/pvc and you double checked with the manufacturer about using them safely in saltwater. It would really suck to get everything set up, running and then find out they're leaching something into your water.

Once again, great build and looking forward to your next steps and final product!
Trex deck and evergreen decking are a composite material of recycled products and sawdust. Recycled products include newspaper, plastic, etc...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new