Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Are you going to stain/seal the wood on the outside? Add faux stone etc? I’d be afraid of the long term damage on the wood from spills/splashing etc. You’ve done a really great job to this point!
 
Wow, so much potential..

Following
 
Third tote load is in. The display is almost full.
It’s hard to see in the second picture but the vortech controllers look awesome in the dark.
d4c622b94ae5e563f0557627341fcba5.jpg

ef1e996ebe8613fe5c44c3a09900628d.jpg
 
any signs of leaks? I thought I saw some water on the floor there but I hope its just a splash from putting it in.
 
any signs of leaks? I thought I saw some water on the floor there but I hope its just a splash from putting it in.

No leaks so far. The water on the floor was from me. I moved the pipe that was offloading the water from the tote and I accidentally splashed some out.
 
No leaks so far. The water on the floor was from me. I moved the pipe that was offloading the water from the tote and I accidentally splashed some out.
Stoked you got her filled man! Looks sick!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new