Aaron's 1,000+ gallon reef build

Tsm qt’s every fish before u can even buy them
They are in the middle of moving but get in touch with Ray he will get u hooked up
 
For the last decade I’ve had a career where I’m gone a week at time. I’ve learned how to have a successful reef even though I leave for 7 days at a time. I set my system up in a way where all that needs to be done is feedings while I’m gone. Also, The Apex allows me to shut things off if something goes wrong.

Water changes will be 275 monthly.

Here’s the sump so far.
e9116b20a1b9e16ac534aecc839929e3.jpg

9fe8eb547ff6f8c5289782c5058c182e.jpg

0b22f07f18ee54c5dab553b26c2353f1.jpg

Are you a long-haul pilot? Just curious, with the one week gone, three weeks home. Also, this thing is just incredible!
 
Added a few tester corals from Coral Collectors.
Sorry I didn’t take pix of all of them but I got 13 frags.
Space invader pectinia
JF Lime light hydnophora
Blueberry crusher tort
Smurf acro
1 of those neon or stunning orange shrooms
1 Shroom with yellow dots everywhere
Fruity pebbles montipora
Green tip euphyllia.
Pagoda cup coral ( it was one of my first corals I bought when I started the hobby 15 years ago. So I had to get one again)
JF john deere leptastrea
Sunny D’s
Hawaiian Punch zoas
And this pictured zoa below I can’t remember what it is.

2e3e1e253856208cdcc78fd3d1940803.jpg

5658eac8d136cc38f12cd4fe659e088b.jpg

a0869ae0211c9f182af6a64ae67dad2a.jpg

21975ae7db5d13bdbe1ed5f9a58ca73d.jpg
 
Added a few tester corals from Coral Collectors.
Sorry I didn’t take pix of all of them but I got 13 frags.
Space invader pectinia
JF Lime light hydnophora
Blueberry crusher tort
Smurf acro
1 of those neon or stunning orange shrooms
1 Shroom with yellow dots everywhere
Fruity pebbles montipora
Green tip euphyllia.
Pagoda cup coral ( it was one of my first corals I bought when I started the hobby 15 years ago. So I had to get one again)
JF john deere leptastrea
Sunny D’s
Hawaiian Punch zoas
And this pictured zoa below I can’t remember what it is.

What kind of frag rack is that?
 
J? Who’s J?

I have 4 blue tangs, 1 yellow belly blue tang, 1 Red Sea sail fin desjardini, and 2 royal grammas in my QT with 2 moorish idols and a powder blue tang on order with marine collectors.
 
Great photos! I'm enjoying this build!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new