Aarons Aquarium's ReefBot Review

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good reviews of the reefbot are sorely lacking. I’d considered one, but already have too much stuff in my closet that failed to live up to the Marketing. Never heard of this guy, hopefully more than just a YouTube ‘expert’. Gawd, that sounds cynical ....

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone is looking for a written up review. I will be posting my Original review relatively soon and will link it.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good reviews of the reefbot are sorely lacking. I’d considered one, but already have too much stuff in my closet that failed to live up to the Marketing. Never heard of this guy, hopefully more than just a YouTube ‘expert’. Gawd, that sounds cynical ....

I've followed him for a while. He seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is looking for a written up review. I will be posting my Original review relatively soon and will link it.

I’d be interested. Not looking for a setup video (seems that’s what this one is) rather something that provides a longer perspective. Does it work, is it reliable, is it stable, etc.?

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Here is my written review. hopefully I answer a lot of the questions you had as well as I had when I was looking at this product.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched this video and it was great but the problem is it needs a part two!
Very little time was spent with the actual testing and no time was spent comparing the results against lets say even a Hanna checker.

If he does another video I hope he does some time lapse video of it going through all four tests. Please add a digital clock in the background so we can see how long each step has taken. Then a comparison based on either ICP testing or at least Hanna or some other manual test.
His thoughts on how well it works. Anything he see's that might go bad over time? In this video I am not even sure how it gets SW into the system Is that a gravity feed also? These gravity feed systems sound a bit risky, what happens if a line comes loose? I think all the issues both postive and negative needed to be fleshed out more. Overall it's still a very good video but it needed a script with areas to be covered.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The lines are all driven by dosing pumps in the back of the unit which are easily accessible. Using hannah to compare results is not a great idea...i doe it and almost screwed my whole system up. The tests for the bot and hannah have different precisions so you will almost never get the same answer. Im not going to get into my hannah and reefbot experience unless you want it. But if you want to compare manual vs reefbot you HAVE. to use the same test kit around the same time...which i have done and have explained in my thread posted above. Also th tests all take different amounts of time but their is a chart online with the test kits and how long it takes for each test to run. Hope this helps. I can ellaborate on any more topics if needed.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lines are all driven by dosing pumps in the back of the unit which are easily accessible. Using hannah to compare results is not a great idea...i doe it and almost screwed my whole system up. The tests for the bot and hannah have different precisions so you will almost never get the same answer. Im not going to get into my hannah and reefbot experience unless you want it. But if you want to compare manual vs reefbot you HAVE. to use the same test kit around the same time...which i have done and have explained in my thread posted above. Also th tests all take different amounts of time but their is a chart online with the test kits and how long it takes for each test to run. Hope this helps. I can ellaborate on any more topics if needed.

Thanks for clearing that up. As I watched the video I was wondering if it had a built in dosing pump and where was it and where are the brains of the unit. I was also looking for a close up of the testing chamber and seeing the needle in action. I am just letting you know as the viewer the kinds of things I was hoping to see. I know making videos is not easy, but if you ever do a part 2 these would be nice to see.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for clearing that up. As I watched the video I was wondering if it had a built in dosing pump and where was it and where are the brains of the unit. I was also looking for a close up of the testing chamber and seeing the needle in action. I am just letting you know as the viewer the kinds of things I was hoping to see. I know making videos is not easy, but if you ever do a part 2 these would be nice to see.
Just to let you know that is not me in the video lol...

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is my written review. hopefully I answer a lot of the questions you had as well as I had when I was looking at this product.
Thanks Dilan for this honest review! we're looking into the issue about scheduling and the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be interested. Not looking for a setup video (seems that’s what this one is) rather something that provides a longer perspective. Does it work, is it reliable, is it stable, etc.?
Hello,
This is a 1 year review and not the setup video.
Happy Reefing.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefbot is now compatible with Giesemann Aquaristic Iodine Test Kit. You can read your Iodine levels between 0 and 0.1 ppm!
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/professional-iodine-i2-test-kit-giesemann/
84613923_1845315518937944_243309068389711872_o.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back