About dosing major n minor elements..

reef rambo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one who is using different type of dosing product in aquarium….like Red Sea for kh,aqua forest for ca or mg n or brightwheel or n e other product…is it wise to do so??Or stick to one product is better…?
Asking coz of money wise,n dosing content of elements is almost same!

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand doesn't matter. You cant use whichever brand you'd like and mix and match.

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookup the Moonshiner method
....and fall off your chair seeing their prices
Football Falling Off GIF by Barstool Sports

Like I'm going to individually dose things like Cobalt or Fluoride or Boron. Plzzzz, just looking for trouble.

Best way to dose major minor trace elements is thru this BRANDNEW CUTTING EDGE METHOD called a Waterchange

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reef rambo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand doesn't matter. You cant use whichever brand you'd like and mix and match.
Actually I m getting some from a going out from the hobby has few dosing products but all different like Red Sea mg,aqua forest kh n ca in in bulk…should I b able to use or no that’s y I ask

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I m getting some from a going out from the hobby has few dosing products but all different like Red Sea mg,aqua forest kh n ca in in bulk…should I b able to use or no that’s y I ask

This question is somewhat complicated.

If you are asking about a two or three part calcium and alk and magnesium system, it is sensible to use all parts from a single brand to be convinced you are adding what at least one manufacturer intended. In the case of a company like ESV, that would give you confidence you are not altering the ratios of minor elements such as potassium, simply by dosing.

If you are talking about stand alone additives for each one (not preferable, IMO), then mixing brands is likely OK as they do not typically add a lot of minor and trace elements anyway.
\

OP
OP
R

reef rambo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question is somewhat complicated.

If you are asking about a two or three part calcium and alk and magnesium system, it is sensible to use all parts from a single brand to be convinced you are adding what at least one manufacturer intended. In the case of a company like ESV, that would give you confidence you are not altering the ratios of minor elements such as potassium, simply by dosing.

If you are talking about stand alone additives for each one (not preferable, IMO), then mixing brands is likely OK as they do not typically add a lot of minor and trace elements anyway.
\
Thanks make more sense..

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 36.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back