About my long run ons

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef sorry to hear of your troubles but glad you've gotten as far as you have. I never had quite the issues your experiencing but am dyslexic and highly numerically minded. Punctuation took a long while to learn and thank what ever gods you believe in for spell check ;)
For me it really helpes to flip the book phone or what ever upside down and read aloud. when you pause to breath its generally a point where you add punctuation and sometimes i even see mispelt words this way. I have no issues reading without punctuation tho and will read your posts. On a side note it took my hubby about a year to figure out how to put spaces in his txt messages so i got used to reading a message as one big run on word lol, this is nothing.

CelestEel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WtR2R 5.jpg

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And ya I can type as fast as I can move my fingers sometimes I wish I ran alittle slower then I do but hey the wife loves me and my kids are growing up to be wonderfully and kind and between my math and her English very smart(we balance eachother) well time will tell with the newborn but at a month and a half she is already showing signs of advanced spacial recognition

DSEKULA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And ya I can type as fast as I can move my fingers sometimes I wish I ran alittle slower then I do but hey the wife loves me and my kids are growing up to be wonderfully and kind and between my math and her English very smart(we balance eachother) well time will tell with the newborn but at a month and a half she is already showing signs of advanced spacial recognition
Thats awesome for your children and its great to have a partner that balances the scale.

I think the biggest issue i had was growing up in a time where the "no child left behind" mind set was forced. I didnt auctually get any kind of diagnosis as a kid (it just wasnt really a thing) but was forced to sit through math classes untill the slowest learner got pushed through and just learned how to cheat really well in spelling and english classes. I understand trying to make kids well rounded and have a good base knowledge but from about 2econd grade on i knew i couldn't learn certain things no matter how many hours i put in studying and feel most of schooling was just a huge waste of time. In college i decided to pursue architectural engineering and computer programming, i skipped huge chunks of time and still graduated because I fuond the whole program mostly common sense. Skip forward and hubby and i run an environmental services corporation that designs builds and operates water and wastewater treatment plants. I play my strengths and hire people that have strengths in areas i dont like english and spelling stuff to play their strengths as well.
If that baby is raised by you and the wife to be an individual that understands their own strengths and weaknesses (s)he can succeed in life just like you did, i wouldn't worry too much just yet ;)

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome for your children and its great to have a partner that balances the scale.

I think the biggest issue i had was growing up in a time where the "no child left behind" mind set was forced. I didnt auctually get any kind of diagnosis as a kid (it just wasnt really a thing) but was forced to sit through math classes untill the slowest learner got pushed through and just learned how to cheat really well in spelling and english classes. I understand trying to make kids well rounded and have a good base knowledge but from about 2econd grade on i knew i couldn't learn certain things no matter how many hours i put in studying and feel most of schooling was just a huge waste of time. In college i decided to pursue architectural engineering and computer programming, i skipped huge chunks of time and still graduated because I fuond the whole program mostly common sense. Skip forward and hubby and i run an environmental services corporation that designs builds and operates water and wastewater treatment plants. I play my strengths and hire people that have strengths in areas i dont like english and spelling stuff to play their strengths as well.
If that baby is raised by you and the wife to be an individual that understands their own strengths and weaknesses (s)he can succeed in life just like you did, i wouldn't worry too much just yet ;)

I couldnt agree more I was in middle school when they started the no child left behind which then left me behind and board in alot of my classes I ended up (got threw spelling and English by teaching my teacher html java and c plus she gave me alot of extra credit and my other teacher I stayed after school everyday to help do whatever she needed)droping out in 11th grade and getting my ged scored in the top 92 percent (100 percent in everything but English and spelling)of the USA and then joined the army primary mos was 13b(artillery) with air born and air assault as secondary once at my duty station my lt figured out how good I was with programming so they played to my strengths and there was not a door or computer I couldn't defeat to accomplish our mission goals(can't say much more then that) retired vet now (medical from an ied that messed up my back pretty good) and I stay at home taking care of our kids while my wife goes to work (her choise she likes having me home to cook clean etc)she works at a hospital as the quality control person and on the weekend is the supervisor for sterilization (if her and her bosses plans go like they want around may she will become the department manager fingers crossed) thank you again to all for the warm welcome

OP
OP
Tankkeepers

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the testing was done on me becouse I was cut out of my real mom while she was dying on the bathroom floor by emts at 8 months pregnate drug overdose (my aunt and uncle raised me but as far as I'm conserved they are mom and dad)

SirHealsALot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to go into my life story but I was born with almost the entire speech center of my brain dead it's one big black spot I have overcame alot in my life to get to the point that I am at now I was not expected to even be able to talk I am entirely math based and I have 0 hope of ever learning where punctuation goes I am currently looking for a keyboard for my phone that will add punctuation where it's supposed to go this is the first and only social media I use and only joined to try and help others with their reefs as I have learned alot and wish to share my knowledge and learn new things as I go thanks for your time also if my posts are to much just skip them I take no offence because I know my longer posts are like holy run on sentence batman
Welcome to the community! :)

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping that by reading post on here as I have been that my brain will catch on and somthing will suddenly click as to where to put them as it did one day with parenthesis thats not the right word I dont think I just I even reread most of my own posts and nothing ever stand out as to where they go yet
Think of parentheses as something you want to add to the same sentence as a bit of extra information related to the sentence. It's like a callout or aside or afterthought. It provides a bit more context. Example: "I bought a new tank (Fluval). This could also be written as "I bought a new tank." The word "Fluval" isn't even needed to complete the sentence or it could also be written as "I bought a new tank. A Fluval." There are a ton of different ways to construct a sentence. All are readable and yours are just fine!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back