about to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i just had my first coral loss today my sun coral all was ok up to a week ago it wouldn’t open or even respond to food and today it finally died with it fully receding.

and then my next problem is my pygmy wrasse which went from glass surfing to hiding and sleeping all day.

i thought it also could be i might have startled him or something but i dont know if that’s the case.

i thought it was parasites which it might be but i don’t even have a way to get the medication for it if it is the case and he looks healthy and everything his stomach isn’t buldged or anything and he dosent have stringy poop and he’s not starving because i’ve seen him eat but today i didn’t see him eat at all and i’m scared because i really don’t wanna lose him i love that fish so much and i really don’t know what to do.

i’m also sorry for the poor grammar and the run on sentences i just don’t know right now and i just wanna give up at everything right now so any help would be appreciated.

redeyejedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your salt levels first then its water testing.

DucatiGtr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slow and steady,, I think I’ve made every mistake possible w fish and coral.. start over, water changes, salinity, phosphates and soon..
Any tank can come back after a crash... start slow and over if need be

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your salt levels first then its water testing.
Well, this is where to begin. You cannot diagnose the issue without knowing the basic chemistry.
the problem is i just flooded the garage with water from my rodi and i’m currently cleaning up poop that a dog i don’t even own which i’m forced to watch right now so i can’t water test right now

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the problem is i just flooded the garage with water from my rodi and i’m currently cleaning up poop that a dog i don’t even own which i’m forced to watch right now so i can’t water test right now
Take a deep breath. You're having a bad day. Just take it one step at a time. Clean up the mess, then check your parameters.... salinity, temp, ph, alk, calcium, mag... if you have a test for it - test it. Then gather your intel and meet us back here so we can help.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a deep breath. You're having a bad day. Just take it one step at a time. Clean up the mess, then check your parameters.... salinity, temp, ph, alk, calcium, mag... if you have a test for it - test it. Then gather your intel and meet us back here so we can help.
i’m not having a bad day i’m having a bad everything i think i’m just gonna give up on everything thanks for trying to help

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set backs and losses are a normal part of this hobby unfortunately. It’s is a steep learning curve.

Take a deep breath and start trouble shooting and learning... with time comes experience and we all get better at keeping fish and corals alive.

Or we can give up and take up some other hobby like stamp collecting. Lots of people quit this hobby, tons of turn over because of the learning curve and wasted money. It is not for everyone. I hope you stay.

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta get those parameters first unfortunately. That typically explains most coral loss. Without knowing it, unfortunately there's little we can do to help. You should get some test kits in the future so that you can monitor your chemistry at home. I'm sorry for your loss. I too have lost coral, and at this point my corals are trying to kill each other. It happens sometimes, but you will feel better once you know what caused it and how to avoid it in the future.

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, if you're ready to quit over loosing a coral and a fish hiding, get out now. There are a lot of joys in this hobby and a lot of extreme lows.

How often did you feed your sun coral? What are your water parameters (particularly phos/nitrate levels)? How long have you had this coral?

Pygmy wrasses are reclusive by nature. When did you last see him? He may be eating copepods/amphipods, so I'd be concerned with him not feeding if he appears to have lost weight.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya we all lose stuff along the way and learn from it. I had a seam on a 75 burst years back and I lost 17000 dollars in livestock and equipment. Just gotta take a deep breath sometimes and look at it as a chance to learn and grow.. Even if you want to rip your hair out sometimes.. If you cant check your water parameters atm do a 30 percent water change it won't hurt and may help if its a parameter issue.

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’m not having a bad day i’m having a bad everything i think i’m just gonna give up on everything thanks for trying to help
Get off the internet. Go handle the real life stuff first. After that is all done, come back here for a few suggestions and then do the things suggested.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok so i just had my first coral loss today my sun coral all was ok up to a week ago it wouldn’t open or even respond to food and today it finally died with it fully receding.

and then my next problem is my pygmy wrasse which went from glass surfing to hiding and sleeping all day.

i thought it also could be i might have startled him or something but i dont know if that’s the case.

i thought it was parasites which it might be but i don’t even have a way to get the medication for it if it is the case and he looks healthy and everything his stomach isn’t buldged or anything and he dosent have stringy poop and he’s not starving because i’ve seen him eat but today i didn’t see him eat at all and i’m scared because i really don’t wanna lose him i love that fish so much and i really don’t know what to do.

i’m also sorry for the poor grammar and the run on sentences i just don’t know right now and i just wanna give up at everything right now so any help would be appreciated.

Hey there. I sent you a message. Please read and let me know how I can help!! If you don't want to talk to me then please reach out to someone near you. You can also click here and chat with someone or call them. I am praying for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 105 57.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 54 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 65 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 29.7%
Back