yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I purchased an abyzz a200 IPU pump

and also an Abyzz Apex controller

I cannot seem to figure out where to plug in the Abyzz Apex dongle to the Abyzz Pump controller? Unlink the none IPU version that has a serial connection, the IPU version seems to be missing this. The documentation on the website says it can support 0-10V control, but I cannot seem to find this plug anywhere.

Does anyone know how to control the Abyzz A200 IPU with an Apex? I am lost here!

Ubersolidat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too bought the A200 ipu and found the same issue... I called BRS and Coralvue and both gave me a reply after talking with Abyzz that the 0-10v controller had not yet been released for the IPU version as of yet... that was back in May. Still waiting as of now.

Ubersolidat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, when I got it it still had the descriptor stating it was 0-10v controllable... as in built in. There's a video on YouTube of the adaptor they have been working on. Plugs in to the bottom of the control box where the rectangle and two screws are.

special-ops-s2k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is annoying. They need to specify what products it is compatible with.

Looks like this, plugs into the area covered by the plate on the bottom of the driver. Hasn't been released yet but is "coming soon"

I opted for the regular version of the A200 and have 2 of them running my system. Same pump, different driver. I love them, very high quality!
Screenshot_20201204-222346__01.jpg

thefishguy1010xxx10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have your answer as I was upset when I bought A400 ipu. Coralvue has two wrong info in the ipu series they say new pump which is a lie it is the same pump as the older one just new controller. Also coralvue said about the apex controller and knew it wasn't released and they didnt care to change it or people buying an expensive pump and not getting what they read and purchased. I am very upset at coralvue. I then connect with Abyzz owner and he was great said he will work on it, still not seen any changes. But they have the module tesed and in production by covid is slowing things down. They are selling Europe but can not keep up with production. They want to come to North america this year but not sure when. Here is the bad news once they do come out you will have to purchase it send you controller back to coralvue cause it needs to be upgraded.

OP
OP
Y

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I have your answer as I was upset when I bought A400 ipu. Coralvue has two wrong info in the ipu series they say new pump which is a lie it is the same pump as the older one just new controller. Also coralvue said about the apex controller and knew it wasn't released and they didnt care to change it or people buying an expensive pump and not getting what they read and purchased. I am very upset at coralvue. I then connect with Abyzz owner and he was great said he will work on it, still not seen any changes. But they have the module tesed and in production by covid is slowing things down. They are selling Europe but can not keep up with production. They want to come to North america this year but not sure when. Here is the bad news once they do come out you will have to purchase it send you controller back to coralvue cause it needs to be upgraded.
Where did you hear the pumps are different and that you have to send in the controller? I was told the pumps are exactly the same and that the unit will just plug into the bottom. You just need to remove the little plate on the bottom. At least for an a200.

thefishguy1010xxx10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I was saying about the pump be different if you read coralvue description on the IPU series it says new controller and newer better pump. They even went and change the specs on the EU, which is dumb. They are the same pump only thing that is different is that controller. The specs should read the same.

About the upgrade, that is right from the owner of Abyzz in Germany. I talk to him all the time now. Currently buying 3 apex interfaces for the IPU right from germany, going to be the first in North America.

OP
OP
Y

yman182

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think depending on the firmware version, you may or may not need to send it back.

The one I purchased in November already had that version on it.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I was saying about the pump be different if you read coralvue description on the IPU series it says new controller and newer better pump. They even went and change the specs on the EU, which is dumb. They are the same pump only thing that is different is that controller. The specs should read the same.

About the upgrade, that is right from the owner of Abyzz in Germany. I talk to him all the time now. Currently buying 3 apex interfaces for the IPU right from germany, going to be the first in North America.
I want the apex interface as well when will they be available to USA public?? I want one to control my A400

thefishguy1010xxx10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought my last May and it needed to be upgraded, I think if you bought after August you be ready. I have now three running with Apex which is a lot nicer

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought in April 2021. Got the new firmware but just now discovering what a lot of others seemed to already know. Abyzz is selling high end product that is not complete and useless with Apex right now. How could they possibly do that. They are knowingly and intentionally deceiving their customers. Shameful. I'm ready to return these things. I'm that offended

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to loop back and give some final status. I emailed Abyzz in Germany. They were very responsive but seemed surprised I was having issues getting the interface for Apex. They contacted CoralVue. My LFS (who I purchased the A200's from, also contacted their rep at CoralVue. It seemed like confusion for 2 weeks but all of a sudden, like magic, CoralVue got a shipment of these modules and shipped two to my LFS for me. I was happy. Moral of the story, keep pushing. Either my persistence paid off, or, we are coincidently at some sort of point where these modules are now reaching our shores.

I got them setup and programmed with the Apex. All seems to be working well. Of course, you need to understand how to use a 0-10 Variable Output, and how to use profiles to control the pump as needed. That is not something I will try to discuss here. There is plenty of documentation and other threads on that.

However, let me share one thing. Be sure to go into the Apex control menu and scroll to the AuxMode setting. It should have automatically changed to Apex once it recognized you entering that module into the slot. I noticed that at the time and thought it was all "automatic". But the feature still needs to be explicitly enabled. Its not obvious (or at least not to me) so I first thought I had a problem until I discovered that. Its one of the submenu items within the AuxMode menu item. You use the "Start/Stop" and "M" buttons to navigate through those menus. Once on that option press Start/Stop to enable it. Clunky for sure, but luckily it is not something we need to do often so its adequate.

Hope this helps. Happy reefing :)

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a link to the part online somewhere so I can try ordering it?
No. Coralvue does not have it listed on their website. In fact, no one does. Its all very strange. But my local LFS had a direct contact there and he got involved and got me the parts. Since you are in the USA I would pick up the phone and call them directly. The front line CS person will likely say that if its not on our website we don't sell it. But tell them my story. Be persistent. Good luck

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

sorry for all the hassle regarding the shipment of the interfaces for the IPU versions. As almost every production company, we too are experiencing issues with our supply chains - even though they are significantly shorter than others ;)

Anyway, the interfaces have been shipped and should already be available. The Abyzz product number is 90000302 "Abyzz IPU APEX Analog Interface". For the IPU drivers, there are two different 0...10V interfaces available right now, one is for the APEX Controller (offering a 0...10V input and a fault outlet, which can be wired to the breakout box), and the other one - "Abyzz IPUA Interface" is for general interfacing to analog control voltages or currents.

If there are more questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

Alex from Abyzz

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to loop back and give some final status. I emailed Abyzz in Germany. They were very responsive but seemed surprised I was having issues getting the interface for Apex. They contacted CoralVue. My LFS (who I purchased the A200's from, also contacted their rep at CoralVue. It seemed like confusion for 2 weeks but all of a sudden, like magic, CoralVue got a shipment of these modules and shipped two to my LFS for me. I was happy. Moral of the story, keep pushing. Either my persistence paid off, or, we are coincidently at some sort of point where these modules are now reaching our shores.

I got them setup and programmed with the Apex. All seems to be working well. Of course, you need to understand how to use a 0-10 Variable Output, and how to use profiles to control the pump as needed. That is not something I will try to discuss here. There is plenty of documentation and other threads on that.

However, let me share one thing. Be sure to go into the Apex control menu and scroll to the AuxMode setting. It should have automatically changed to Apex once it recognized you entering that module into the slot. I noticed that at the time and thought it was all "automatic". But the feature still needs to be explicitly enabled. Its not obvious (or at least not to me) so I first thought I had a problem until I discovered that. Its one of the submenu items within the AuxMode menu item. You use the "Start/Stop" and "M" buttons to navigate through those menus. Once on that option press Start/Stop to enable it. Clunky for sure, but luckily it is not something we need to do often so its adequate.

Hope this helps. Happy reefing :)
Hi,

the whole interface can be exchanged without changing the internal driver program. To allow the IPU Interface to take full control over the driver, the driver basically has to allow that - that is what you do by enabling the interface. If then your system does not run correctly, you may just disable the IPU Auxillary module and use the pump with its internal program. Rather safe than "clunky" ;)

I know that this technology is not making everyone happy, as most users would love to see wifi, bluetooth and app control for all Abyzz pumps. Be assured, we are working on that. But: For the large scale systems we supply to a lot, a bulletproof control is mandatory. It is much more important for our pumps to run correctly than to be able to be controlled by an app - and making all of these features really safe is a huge pile of work.

Cheers,

Alex

spicymikey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

the whole interface can be exchanged without changing the internal driver program. To allow the IPU Interface to take full control over the driver, the driver basically has to allow that - that is what you do by enabling the interface. If then your system does not run correctly, you may just disable the IPU Auxillary module and use the pump with its internal program. Rather safe than "clunky" ;)

I know that this technology is not making everyone happy, as most users would love to see wifi, bluetooth and app control for all Abyzz pumps. Be assured, we are working on that. But: For the large scale systems we supply to a lot, a bulletproof control is mandatory. It is much more important for our pumps to run correctly than to be able to be controlled by an app - and making all of these features really safe is a huge pile of work.

Cheers,

Alex
Thanks for the insight Alex. I think the pump (and this new interface) are fantastic. Didn't mean to put it down. Everything is "clunky" when you are using it for the first time LOL. But your procedures are logical and no complaints from me. Glad you are working through your supply issues, and thanks for making some pretty awesome pumps!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back