Abyzz A200 IPU 0-10V Control

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the insight Alex. I think the pump (and this new interface) are fantastic. Didn't mean to put it down. Everything is "clunky" when you are using it for the first time LOL. But your procedures are logical and no complaints from me. Glad you are working through your supply issues, and thanks for making some pretty awesome pumps!
Thank you very much - all of your feedback is highly appreciated, as only this can help us improve everything continuously!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@Skragan

Alex, help me understand how the driver works on a standard A200 with the apex interface.

If the apex controls it via 1-10V interface the pump runs according to the input from the apex. What happens when apex dies or disconnects? Does the pump simply stop or when the signal is at 0V, the internal controller takes over?

Skragan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

no, nothing will happen, as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models. When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. Furthermore, the fault outlet of the IPU 0-10V Interface is triggered to alert state, which means you can wire that signal to an external monitoring.

Cheers,

Alex

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hi,

no, nothing will happen, as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models. When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. Furthermore, the fault outlet of the IPU 0-10V Interface is triggered to alert state, which means you can wire that signal to an external monitoring.

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks for confirming what I feared.

I'll keep it running as a stand-alone product and get rid of the control module.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@Skragan

Suggestion - you should implement a way to hook up a bank of batteries to the controller so in the event of a power outage one can still have the pump running. That should be relatively easy to implement with a relay that switches over to alternate power on AC out condition. I would gladly buy a new version of such a controller for both the A100 and A200.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Cheers,

Alex
"as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models" When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. I have a A400 IPU would the pump shut down in this case?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
"as the control signal will just equal 0V, which means the pump is halted. But: That´s what we implemented the "Speed Zero Alert" on the IPU models" When you enable this function, the driver will set off an alert condition (noise and display) after 20 minutes of 0V signal. I have a A400 IPU would the pump shut down in this case?

According to his answer - yes. If you use 0-10V to control the pump and there is no signal yes, the pump stops.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to his answer - yes. If you use 0-10V to control the pump and there is no signal yes, the pump stops.
I hate to sound stupid but I have the A400 IPU Model and just got the module with the cable to hook up to my apex so what he is saying is my model would bet safe running it with the apex with worrying about frying the motor it I lost power or there was a interruption of my apex?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I hate to sound stupid but I have the A400 IPU Model and just got the module with the cable to hook up to my apex so what he is saying is my model would bet safe running it with the apex with worrying about frying the motor it I lost power or there was a interruption of my apex?

Its not going to fry the motor, if the apex lost power and no longer provides a signal to the abyzz, the pump will simply stop.

This is a problem because even if you connect the abyzz to a battery backup any loss of signal would cause the pump to halt. You can also connect the apex to the same battery backup through aux power supply but again, any failure to delivery 0-10V signal would cause the pump to come to a stop.

ReeferBud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

sorry for all the hassle regarding the shipment of the interfaces for the IPU versions. As almost every production company, we too are experiencing issues with our supply chains - even though they are significantly shorter than others ;)

Anyway, the interfaces have been shipped and should already be available. The Abyzz product number is 90000302 "Abyzz IPU APEX Analog Interface". For the IPU drivers, there are two different 0...10V interfaces available right now, one is for the APEX Controller (offering a 0...10V input and a fault outlet, which can be wired to the breakout box), and the other one - "Abyzz IPUA Interface" is for general interfacing to analog control voltages or currents.

If there are more questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Cheers,

Alex from Abyzz

Alex,

I just upgraded from an A200 to an A400 IPU. To my surprise, similar to others, I’m going to need to buy a different module to connect to the Apex than what I was already using with the A200.

In the US, a few retailers and distributors like Coralvue sell the Abyzz connection modules and I’m confused about which one to buy. They don’t show the product numbers like Abyzz does in its website.

a few questions:
- what is the connector on the other side of the cable that plugs into the 90000302 module? Is it a Ethernet type connector that I can simply plug into the 0-10v port on the Apex brain?
- I’m not able to find the 90000302 module anywhere on the US websites. I only see what appears to be the 90000301 module and it does not mention Apex compatibility, but I did notice that the Abyzz website indicates that this module is not compatible with Apex. Is this correct?

This is the module I seem to be able to find in the US, which appears to be the 90000301 and is marketed as VA-APEXINT-IPU. If this is in fact the 90000301 module and. It compatible with Apex, that would be extremely misleading since Apex is literally in the product code descriptor.

47AF33C1-3AC7-46A7-A70D-4FB2FC90E2AB.png

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My biggest gripe is inability to connect my Abyzz pumps to DC based battery backup. I have 12, 24 & 48 Volt DC available but there is no way to wire it like you can with other pumps and powerheads.

Did anything change recently with any of the models?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 92 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back