Acan ball? Help Identify this LPS

ThatsNoMoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, after having this coral for a few months I've decided it would probably be smart to find out what it is. (I got it free with some other coral) I can't find anything like it while trying to google it's appearance.

It looks like an Acan to me, I feed it like an acan but I just can't see any acans like this anywhere else. The pictures I posted are how it always looks, It doesn't really puff up much but that may be because it's in my nano tank currently being used to store zoa frags

What do you think it is?
Thanks!

20201205_095207-01.jpeg
20201205_095157-01.jpeg

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Echinata. Nasty sting and long reach- put that one away from everything else! Acan lords (technically micromussa lords) and Acan bowerbankii don't really sting at all unless something touches them, but echinata is aggressive and has an impressive, nasty reach. I found a picture online once of one doing its best to kill a rock with its little mesenterial filaments, and you can find plenty of pics of them slaughtering things. Beautiful corals, and IIRC fine with other echinata, but they should be isolated somewhat.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is enchinata and a member of acan family
Place at least 3” away from other coral and feed at least twice a week

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back