Acan Coral help

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just won an acan coral for dirt cheap in an auction online. Is this the dangerous kind of acan (like is it a lord or an enchenata)? I don’t know much about these guys so I’m looking for some help. Can I put this in a tank with my Zoa or will it kill them? If I put it in my 16 biocube led will it harm anything or potentially harm my fish? Only fish in that tank is a damsel abput 2.5” long. How much space should I leave between this guy and everything else?

55A5ADA2-2F94-4EA8-9293-317AAE008C2F.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an acan lord. It is not dangerous. If other corals get are close enough to touch they will fight(other acans lords are ok and i never have issues with zoas being right next to them) and usually the acan or both will lose.

The amount of space varies but generally speaking not touching is enough. If it is something that sends out long feelers(ie hollywood stunner, galaxia, etc) make sure it is far enough they cant reach.

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an acan lord. It is not dangerous. If other corals get are close enough to touch they will fight(other acans lords are ok and i never have issues with zoas being right next to them) and usually the acan or both will lose.

The amount of space varies but generally speaking not touching is enough. If it is something that sends out long feelers(ie hollywood stunner, galaxia, etc) make sure it is far enough they cant reach.
I don’t have anything but zoas, a small leather coral, and candy canes. So I think I should be ok.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back