Acan losing tissue

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have noticed my Acan had lost a bit of tissue to some polyps not sure if this is new tissue growing back for more polyps declining. Anyone have any
ideas?
Parameters are:
Sal 1 026
Alk 7.5
Cal 420
Mag 1300
No3 10
Po4 0.029
Running xr15 pro G5 lighting.

Did I miss anything.. have no sign of worms or anything like that.
20210830_195135.jpg

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah very stable no major swings in any parameters. My po4 was at 0.01 for a bit but have slowly increased this over last 4 weeks to 0.03 and slowing increasing it still as my Nitrates are always 10 havnt changed in over 8 months.

Have had this acan coral for around 5 months. Lights are on the ramp down now so corals are slowly closing up for the night. Not a full tank shot but the acan Garden
20210830_201009.jpg

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see more polyps declining but i don't think that polyp will make it looks too far gone. I was going to say maybe it got stung but I don't see anything else nearby that would sting it. Do you feed your acans?

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see more polyps declining but i don't think that polyp will make it looks too far gone. I was going to say maybe it got stung but I don't see anything else nearby that would sting it. Do you feed your acans?
Get fed twice a week once with reef roids and a direct feed of mysis, they absolutely love it. And definitely nothing near it.

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get fed twice a week once with reef roids and a direct feed of mysis, they absolutely love it. And definitely nothing near it.
Any inverts or fish that could of messed with it would be my guess. For example a cleaner shrimp ripping food from that polyp while it's eating etc

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed a brissel worm poking its self out from under it.. lifted the acan and it crawled back into a little hole under the acan/within the acan, guess this could be the culprit. Its right near the area thats been affected..

Guessing give the coral a dip and it be gone?

AustinBabler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever find out what was going on or save it? I have a Lord that’s starting to loose tissue on 2 polyps. My amakusensis right next to it is and other LPS coral are fine. I was going to order a few more Lords but now I’m unsure.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back