Acan or What?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2011
Messages
7,212
Reaction score
1,687
Location
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look like any I've ever seen. Any ideas on species?
866b4d7cb63bfc0dd2a243f1f7846dcb.jpg
 
That looks a lot like a Micromussa, one of my favorite corals.
Not my image.

nanna.jpg
 
I think it looks closer to a blasto judging by the bumpy tissue in the blasto to more of a smooth tissue in the Micromussa. But environmental factors can influence that.
 
My blasto get feeders from time to time. The coral is a little light in color so would be making up for low Zooxanthellae.
 
Not a blasto, head shape is different plus they dont really have a depressed center like that. I agree on the micromussa
 
Thank you all [emoji2] I've had it for better then a year now, from just 1 head. Was told then it was an Acan but it doesn't look anything like my other Acans.
Obviously it's doing quit well. This closeup shows some pretty cool colors.
6fb84aabaf7925a784832974dd122fc8.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new