Acan Show Off Thread !!!!

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here's a few non-rainbows I've really grown to like a lot...this one is just red with distinct orange centers (actinic shot)...everything that is beauty can't always be a rainbow. ;)
canas-7.jpg

I had slow shutter speed on this one, but it's ended up cool because the centers are turning more and more blue as time passes.
canas-3.jpg

this one is just neat because of that huge polyp in the middle...
canas-6.jpg

and just a few more random pieces...
canas-8.jpg

this one continues to add more colors.
canas-9.jpg

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chad, nice huge piece on the left..is it mostly pink? That one in the front (maroon/white) is cool, too. I have a large colony of that I've resisted fragging--so far.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you got some nice stuff Chris! Super sharp pic as well!! I am so sick I missed out on your skittles when you fragged - trying to make I am ready next time!! ;)

Thanks! I'll let u know when they are ready again.

gadgets, that's just wrong you picked the wrong favorite man. :)
patrick, that eye is actually a tube worm hole or something along those lines.

:)

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do most people get their Acans? Local? Internet? I may want to get a few now that supply is catching up with demand, but I'm curious where you folks find them.

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a few more pics I took tonight...

orange shimmer. Kinda tough to tell put the outer sprinkles looks real glittery.
canas-3-1.jpg

this one was just pinkish red and white and then the green started showing up...
canas-5-1.jpg

I saw this one once on reefrafts site and thought it was really different.
canas-9-1.jpg

another odd one that is a color that wasn't in my crayon box as a child. :)
canas-2-1.jpg

tunicata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, number 2 looks like a knit sweater that I'd like to wear!
Mmmm, toasty/comfty.

btw...I'm freezing right now.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Casey #1 is cool but #2 is WICKED! Man that thing is awesome!! I hope you have more than what is pictured!! What cool variation. Very nice stuff as usual.

Paintguru - Bluegrass(casey) is who to contact for nice acans - just look at his pics. The acans I have gotten from him have all been very healthy and very nice nice sized frags - anyone that has bought from him will tell you the same - great guy!

bluegrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey thanks Patrick...honestly that one you guys are taling about is tough to figure. I had the colony under t5s and it didn't look that nice, but it's been under 10Ks (no actinics) for about a month now and it's looking as pictured above. That's seldom been the case with a colony looking better under such white lighting compared to my t5 setup that has a slight blue lean. ANd unfortunately what you see pictured is the only piece. I'll take some more pics of it over the weekend and decide whether to make a few frags of it or sell it as is...I'm not attached to it. I also sent out a small frag of it to someone this week so I'll be looking forward to their pics of it under their lighting.

Last edited:

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is pretty weird - usually they color up better under light with more blue in it. Acans are strange corals. As most of us know that have multiple pieces some look better under a good bit of light while others look better under much less light. They really are an odd coral - that's what I like about them - trying to figure out what condition they will color up best and look happiest. look forward to more pics casey - and hopefully the person you sent a frag to will post some pics under their lighting

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Aussie's everyone.. ill chime in..

101-3.jpg

016-6.jpg

017-7.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back