Acan slowly deforming, please advice

Anish55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having this Acan for 5 months and it had started to branch out in three places. Noticed it changed shape last week and thought it was growing but today its shape looks really bad and I also see fungus-like substance all around it.

Is my Acan dying? Please advice what I should do to save it if possible or save my tank?

Acan.png

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't really tell too much detail on the Acan but the white stuff around the bases is some sort of encrusting sponge. Usually not a problem unless it starts to smother stuff.

I would be patient with it. Looks like it was fragged roughly and doesn't really have a nice full head there. Going to take time to rebuild.

OP
OP
Anish55

Anish55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much, I’m doing the same patiently waiting for it to get better and monitoring it. Thanks again for the advice.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above but I would remove that sponge if I were you. I wouldn't let it surround a new frag. Some sponges can release toxins and it could be stressing the coral. From the sound of it you're saying it looks worse now than it did before. Could very well be the sponge.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back