Acan slowly deforming, please advice

  • Thread starter Thread starter Anish55
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Anish55

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
6
Location
Harrison
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been having this Acan for 5 months and it had started to branch out in three places. Noticed it changed shape last week and thought it was growing but today its shape looks really bad and I also see fungus-like substance all around it.

Is my Acan dying? Please advice what I should do to save it if possible or save my tank?


Acan.png
 
Can't really tell too much detail on the Acan but the white stuff around the bases is some sort of encrusting sponge. Usually not a problem unless it starts to smother stuff.

I would be patient with it. Looks like it was fragged roughly and doesn't really have a nice full head there. Going to take time to rebuild.
 
Thank you very much, I’m doing the same patiently waiting for it to get better and monitoring it. Thanks again for the advice.
 
I agree with above but I would remove that sponge if I were you. I wouldn't let it surround a new frag. Some sponges can release toxins and it could be stressing the coral. From the sound of it you're saying it looks worse now than it did before. Could very well be the sponge.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new