Acans turning translucent

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone hope you’re doing well. I recently purchased an acan colony and it placed it in the low-mid level of my tank and it’s slightly angled. The ones on the bottom of the colony are turning clear for some reason, does anyone know what mag be causing this?? The top side of the colony is doing perfectly fine.
A6DEBA88-AD54-4EE3-A4E6-A21CCF7C3C31.jpeg

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually this happens when they’re not getting any light-I say that because in my experience underside ones (babies) don’t change color in normal low light or shadowed circumstances. Can you reposition to give better access to light?

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually this happens when they’re not getting any light-I say that because in my experience underside ones (babies) don’t change color in normal low light or shadowed circumstances. Can you reposition to give better access to light?
I was thinking the same thing, I’m thinking of just putting it on the sand bed to see if it makes a difference, thanks for the advice!

Alemoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about these guys, they aren't turning clear, but rather they are fully opem and that's their feeder tentacles out.
Screenshot_20200224_225326.jpg

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are talking about these guys, they aren't turning clear, but rather they are fully opem and that's their feeder tentacles out.
Screenshot_20200224_225326.jpg
Oh man I moved them to the sand bed because I thought they weren’t getting enough light. I never had that happen to any of my acans so I panicked haha, I appreciate the advice!

Alemoki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I moved them to the sand bed because I thought they weren’t getting enough light. I never had that happen to any of my acans so I panicked haha, I appreciate the advice!
Haha I also panic when something happens I'm not used to lol.

Nice acans btw. Got me some similar as well

MattDaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice cans you got. I got my first one from a frag trade bonus recently and feel in love with the possible colors and patterns. They feed really cool also so now I'm growing out 3 2head frags that I picked up

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back