Acanthophyllia and Zoanthids

acroenthusiast101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acanthophyllia has grown to a point where it is starting to get close to my zoanthid garden and they are very close to touching. I feel like my acan has been looking less inflated than usual, so I was curious to see if anyone here has experience with these two touching/how they get along. My zoanthids and digi seem to coexist and I have ready that zoas are relatively sting less, but I don't want to chance anything. It won't be a huge deal if I have to move it, but I would rather know if that is the issue or if it is more husbandry related.

Let me know!

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My acanthophyllia has grown to a point where it is starting to get close to my zoanthid garden and they are very close to touching. I feel like my acan has been looking less inflated than usual, so I was curious to see if anyone here has experience with these two touching/how they get along. My zoanthids and digi seem to coexist and I have ready that zoas are relatively sting less, but I don't want to chance anything. It won't be a huge deal if I have to move it, but I would rather know if that is the issue or if it is more husbandry related.

Let me know!
My understanding is zoas can irritate other corals, I would move one of the corals to be safe.

OP
OP
A

acroenthusiast101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to update everyone, apparently not. Not sure if there was some sort of adapting time or what but the acan is now growing over them! Pretty weird, and kinda suprised but this may be the first documented case of this!
IMG_3444.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3445.jpeg
    IMG_3445.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 29

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas get beat by almost everything.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the acantho gets bothered it’ll just lift that side up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%

Back