Acanthophyllia base

eeriereef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I impulse bought an acanthophyllia and although it’s happy on its on its little tube I got from the LFS it’s much too tall for my sand bed.

I’m worried if I cut it too low Itll end up creating bad sand pockets.

If anyone has 3d printing talent, a bury-able cup that could hold the fleshy apron off the sand would get money from me..

Also - sand disturbance is my butt clown of a Bella goby that high column spits all over everything. Seriously considering rehoming at this point because I bought as a pair, and he bullies his mate. But, ya know, goodies never say die…

IMG_5328.jpeg IMG_5326.jpeg
 
Welcome to R2R!

Is it on a piece of pvc? There are some 3d printed bases that have kind of corkscrew base that can be twisted down into the sand. It would require removing the current base though. Is it secured to the base now?

You could also just try mounding up the sand a little more below the coral?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new