• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Acanthophyllia order from Queen City Corals

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jmarkhan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi this is my first post in this forum, so I apologize in advance if I'm doing this incorrectly.

I received my order #54831 from Queen City Corals yesterday that included four different corals including an Acanthophyllia (pictured). It was closed up but seemed alive when I received it so I did a quick coral dip, gradually acclimated it to my tank water, and placed it in my aquarium. Nothing really happened the first day, it didn't open up or shrivel up either. It just sat there so I assumed it was fine and slept on it.

The very next morning (today) the tank lights turned on and I noticed that almost the entire skeleton was exposed, and it looked like there was brown jelly as well. I was literally shocked that the acanthophyllia could become an exposed skeleton so quickly! All the other corals look fine and my water parameters seem fine as well.

I quickly emailed Queen City Corals and showed the same pictures that I've attached here, but I didn't receive any response. I followed up with another email, but still no response. After about 5 hours the acanthophyllia continued to become more of a bare skeleton with almost all of its tissue falling off. Due to concern that the brown jelly would continue to spread to my other corals, I removed the acanthophyllia from my tank.

I'm hoping other members on this forum can share their feedback, and whether Queen City Corals might respond to me here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to continue buying corals from them as well as the other sponsors on this forum. Thanks!

Mark

IMG_5286.jpg
IMG_5292.jpg

OP
OP
J

jmarkhan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent a third email to Queen City Corals this morning, hoping they respond either by email or to this post. I'd love to continue doing business with them if they let me.

Queen City Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey jmarkhan, I apologize for the delayed response, we attempted to send you an email this morning but we just changed hosting for our email servers and it did not send. We have resolved the issue and have given you credit for the Acanthophyllia. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. If you have any other questions please just let us know, we would be happy to help. Thanks again for your order and I look forward to serving you in the future!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back