Accidental new fish identification

Cmarez93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I did an order though Live aquaria's Divers Den, and the fish I ordered was switched in their warehouse by accident... whoops. They told me I could go ahead and keep it, and that it was a Caribbean Striped Parrotfish. Looking at it though, I believe it is a Princess Parrotfish. Is anyone able to identify it? My tank is a 330 gallon deep dimension tank so it should be comfortable, no real hard corals, mostly softies and a few LPS. The pictures aren't great as I took them in the shipping bag, and its been hiding out in my tank since added.

IMG_8770.JPG IMG_8923.jpg

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what'd you actually order? must've been a surprise for you/the other person when you opened the bag if you ordered something small lol

Why the radio edit is this mandarin in like 4 gallons of water????

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see how that was a surprise! To me looks like a princess also. They are slow growers. Will eat any algae and frozen once it gets the idea.

OP
OP
Cmarez93

Cmarez93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see how that was a surprise! To me looks like a princess also. They are slow growers. Will eat any algae and frozen once it gets the idea.

The rep said it was eating well at their facility. The fish has been hiding in the back corner of my tank in a rock cave since arriving. Its moved from two sections but never out in the open yet. I’ve heard they are shy but I’m trying not to get worried about it.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well at least she appears healthy. Thank goodness you have a big tank. That could have ended very sad.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back