Accidentally glued my zoa

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea those ones with the long stalks were like that when I bought them. Think there gobstoppers they used to look like my profile pic but they were in the tank when it was cycling and they got the deformed skirt and changed colour. I've moved them all around the tank testing where they liked best and to be honest this is the only spot I can get them to all open. So I found the best spot for flow I think like you said maybe a bit more light. At the moment its 2 T5 led multilux lights but there is an upgrade that a company does which fits in my lid which allows 4 normal T5 lights giving me the option to have blues separate from whites. Or the other option is buy a fluval sea marine 3.0 and go LED and have full spectrum control which I think I will probably do although this means I will loose that standard lid or have to make something.
Either way thats an upgrade I will have to do another time as I'm looking to move house in the next month so I'm going to have the fun of moving the tank.
Your profile pic looks like Hyper Pheonix or Armageddon. Higher light generally means brighter zoas and lower means darker/muted colors. If you increase flow slowly over time, the skirts will get longer too :)

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my lovely zoa that I glued by accident took a turn for the worse :( its slowly been closing and today I removed the rock as I've been seeing lots of pods around the base and I decided I was going to give it a little dip and scrub around the base. well I'm glad I did as when I pulled it from the water it was brown sludge underneath it where its clearly been dying and the pods were just doing there thing I guess eating it. I wasn't quite sure what to do so I have washed and scrubbed it with iodine and re glued all around it apart from the mouth area the little baby that I had has also not been opening much. what was a decent size zoa is now the size of 2 grains of sand :( Hoping it makes a recovery will keep updating
Here's a pic of what it looks now back in the tank you can see the size of the sand below that's how small this little thing is now.
144597497_170345374716724_2416087282408788740_n.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Theres a good likelyhood the glue will fall off or peel off

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back