Acclimating corals to lights after a move.

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently moved and while I’ve seen threads on acclimating corals to new lights I haven’t seen any on acclimating corals to the same lights after moving. My corals spent about 36 hours in the dark. My lights are on a schedule to slowly get brighter over 30 minutes. Will I bleach my corals if I keep the schedule? I can’t seem to find solid information.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were used to a certain intensity and duration time per day I would stick with that. I dont think 36 hours is enough time for them to change their biological schedule.

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they were used to a certain intensity and duration time per day I would stick with that. I dont think 36 hours is enough time for them to change their biological schedule.
Thank you, if been increasing my lighting by 10% intensity every two hours and they all seem to be doing good…. All but my Trachy :(

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trachs are pooheads! It'll be ok :)
I sure hope so! It’s my favorite coral, It’s also my first trachy. I think the juvenile lemon peel angelfish I have has been picking at him when I’m not looking

OP
OP
2manyideas

2manyideas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god...angels eat those types of coral..it sooner or later will eat it.
Well, the lemon peel is getting moved as soon as the other tank gets set up. I just moved and put everything in the more established tank.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back