Achilles Tang - Cloudy eye

I left the skimmer on with the cup off. The PH drop is significant. On the third dose I totally forgot about the PH drop and I turned the skimmer off. The PH drop ended up killing some of my acros. It is extremely important to do everything you can to keep the PH up if you have sensitive corals.

Sorry to bother you dude, but how long did you leave the skimmer cup off for after each dose? I’m taking it you didn’t leave the cup off for the full 21says did you?
 
So I’m having a similar problem but I’m almost mine is from another tang as it looks like his eye has a cut on it, I noticed a white spot on his eye two days ago and today it’s cloudy (probably infected) anything I can do? Been eating like a champ and has been getting the seachem vitality soaked nori everyday

DA5A9080-C50C-4445-96FC-D5019C75DACD.jpeg


680A7730-41C0-4E75-80BA-86BDDF5AE85F.jpeg


CB556D58-0A2C-4A16-9FED-60E20FD1B049.jpeg
 
So per my theory of reef keeping “the problem will solve itself” the White cheek is back to normal. I believe it was a scratch that healed up, it started looking better the next day before I could even do anything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new