Acro ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So @madweazl generously gave me a piece of a colony.

Frag that fell off (after like a month of growth):

PEHME9598.png


Full Colony:
Snapseed (1).png


At first I thought it was Red Planet/A hyacinthus, but it looks less and less so the more I look at it. (I would say "we" since I think @madweazl has come to similar conclusions, but I don't want to speak for him. :D )

Any guesses as to the scientific name (preferred) or trade name? Going through COTW, my guess is A. bifurcata, though cytherea (itself a species complex) and plana are also fairly similar.

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/species_factsheet_summary/acropora-cytherea/http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/media/images/0819_C01_04.jpg

http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/species_factsheet_summary/acropora-bifurcata/http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/media/images/0020_C01_07.jpg
http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/species_factsheets/species_factsheet_summary/acropora-plana/http://www.coralsoftheworld.org/media/images/0676_C01_06.jpg
 
A. microclados / A. polystoma.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new