Acro ID

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2019
Messages
2,619
Reaction score
2,491
Location
Daytona Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I grabbed this frag at RAP Orlando last month. Was sold as a strawberry short cake but I am starting to second guess that. But I’m no expert so can anyone I’d it? It always has PE and has even gotten more red/pink over the past month.

When I first got it (excuse the cyano it has been dealt with now)
BA023753-DC93-44D9-B3E2-52BF50189D73.jpeg
8C841870-18FD-48F9-9622-96FB5662E2E6.jpeg


Tonight
42E47849-397B-4427-9B10-87A60D6F9631.jpeg
07AE762C-DDF8-4D6A-A428-BACC898A07CC.jpeg
 
Per "Reef Builder"... "Only the phosphorescent green base with bright red polyps is what the industry regards as the true Strawberry Shortcake." So, Kinda looks like it to me. What say you?
 
Per "Reef Builder"... "Only the phosphorescent green base with bright red polyps is what the industry regards as the true Strawberry Shortcake." So, Kinda looks like it to me. What say you?
In the before pics I thought so specially the top down but I’m getting much more red/pink in the base now.
 
In the before pics I thought so specially the top down but I’m getting much more red/pink in the base now.
Corals do the darndest things based on the light and flow they receive. Three shots of the exact same coral from the same mother colony in three different locations in my system. So...
20200103_184910.jpg
20190221_180226.jpg
20190221_180201.jpg
 
Looks like shortcake to me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new