Acro RTN/STN Stopped

piranhaman00

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2019
Messages
5,096
Reaction score
4,887
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was given the below acro as part of a buy 5 get one type deal at lfs, thought I’d see how it would do in my 4 month old tank.

As you can see in the images, when placed it started bleaching around the center after the first few days and continued for a few weeks, figured it would slowly writher away.

However for the past few weeks the TN has stopped and polyps are extending nicely, looks good! This is my first acro, will this bleached section cause growth problems? Can this section grow back? (Get it’s color back). I’m not gonna frag anything, just want to let it go; does it have a shot?

A good portion of the tips and full base still have color and great PE.

Thanks!
319C43B8-0437-4598-BAF9-4D641065115A.jpeg
81BB1F75-F192-49A3-A075-1FFF5A9AFE3D.jpeg
 
This happened to mine when the top created a shadow over the middle polyps. Should recover when it is able to grow out into the light. IMO
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new