Acro STN help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Formulator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Formulator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2024
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
2,759
Location
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an unintentional large Alk swing 2 days ago and am seeing this STN on one of my acro colonies. Everything else in the tank is doing well, including other SPS and another acro frag. Though I did lose one acro frag to RTN immediately after the large Alk swing. My parameters are back on target now. What can I do to save this colony from further damage?


IMG_4177.jpeg
 
It should pull through. Is the stn spreading?
As far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to be getting worse, but today was the first I noticed it. Hopefully it doesn’t progress overnight tonight… So you suggest just leaving it alone and it will likely recover itself?
 
I think so. Doesn't look too bad. If it continues spreading, you can clip below the white. Search about lugos
 
Maybe dim the lights some if it looks to have spread by tomorrow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new