Acro tank

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m starting my acro tank. With very few softies and LPS. How do I decide where I want my acro and placement. I can always move them later on when they start growing into colonies but for now where do I start how?
IMG_4531.png

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above. Your rock scape is way low unless those 2 lights are getting you at least 300 par all the way down there

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the above. Your rock scape is way low unless those 2 lights are getting you at least 300 par all the way down there
I built it low on purpose for the acro gave room to grow out. I hit 250 at sand bed with lights up. This is a bad reading though. Need to get a better reading with a proper par meter.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built it low on purpose for the acro gave room to grow out. I hit 250 at sand bed with lights up. This is a bad reading though. Need to get a better reading with a proper par meter.
That's fine as long as the par is there. Obviously other factors come into play for successful SPS. Try a few easy tester frags inexpensive to start out and see how they do for couple months.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light bars are you using? Those 15’s aren’t gonna cut it for sps alone… I’d guess you’re hitting like 100 par on the sand at best! Top of your rocks maybe 150 if that.. you’d have success with lower light sticks on the top of the rocks and that’s about it..

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light bars are you using? Those 15’s aren’t gonna cut it for sps alone… I’d guess you’re hitting like 100 par on the sand at best! Top of your rocks maybe 150 if that.. you’d have success with lower light sticks on the top of the rocks and that’s about it..
Hitting 250 on sand bed with the light bars too. Hitting 200 with just radions at top

OP
OP
F

fancy_fish101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing high light acros for sure. Already got some. And are doing great in low par rn.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back