Acropora Eating Copepods

billyo2811

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know much about what looks like Acropora eating copepods. Movement is very quick like a pod but I struggle to see any bite marks. Just about all acro have perished since spotting these after buying new frags a week ago.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_4131.jpeg

ArachnoJoozt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There has been multiple threads about this lately, like: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lets-talk-about-pe-bay-bee.1029908/

From the picture you posted it's impossible to determine what bugs these are (without a microscope it would be hard anyway). The possibility of all Acro's perishing after one week after introduction in your system seems very unlikely. Acros are normally able to live with these up to a certain point. First thing you will notice is the loss of polyp extension (especially noticeably at night).
In my small aquarium it took a few months to build up the population to the point I lost some frags. I treated twice with Milbemycin, and that fixed the problem, but it took a while for the aquarium to start running well again since adding this medicine nukes a lot of the good small life too.

First try to figure out what exactly you are dealing with, then make a good battle-plan. Good luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back