Acropora ID

nickfrombigals

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
17
Reaction score
37
Location
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4D02B053-3461-43A5-B946-5A756A90EA17.jpeg

Got this acropora colony today. Was told is was ORA red planet but is not very red like I’ve seen in photos. Any input is great!
 
Its not far off and may have something to do with heavy blues and your light balance. Below is a typical Red planet colony :

1601858793464.png
1601858826859.png
 
That is very nice. Might I ask where you got it and how much you paid for a chunk that size?
 
That looks like a red planet that hasn’t had enough light on it, maybe it was lower in the tank or the the lights just weren’t strong enough. It will color up more with stronger lighting.
 
That seems more reasonable. I posted in the WTB section and someone had one that size or slightly smaller for $180.
Did you purchase from a vendor that ships? Would love to get my hands on a piece like that
 
That seems more reasonable. I posted in the WTB section and someone had one that size or slightly smaller for $180.
Did you purchase from a vendor that ships? Would love to get my hands on a piece like that
Bought it from a store up in Canada. Was the only big chunk they had at the time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new