Acropora inhabitants

Doh Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I was watching my acropora and I saw some movement on it and am curious as to what it may be. It looks to have antenna or something that hang out of a hole. The acropora seems unbothered by them. There are only two of them and then one with a long sweeper that goes in and out rather fast. I also caught the little creature crawling out partially.

967446BA-CC78-4A30-9CA1-788286F8E6A6.jpeg C01939CF-4D1A-4C66-A8EA-528EEDC486E9.jpeg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these also. These are not vermetid snails growing in the acro branch? That is what I always thought they were.
The ones in the OP’s pics are not vermatid snails, but vermatids can encroach close to acros and then the acro will eventually encrust over. Vermatids have a hard shell and the spionid worms have a spongy soft liner. The spionid are an eyesore but harmless. I’ve had vermatids irritate some corals and cause Stn

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The ones in the OP’s pics are not vermatid snails, but vermatids can encroach close to acros and then the acro will eventually encrust over. Vermatids have a hard shell and the spionid worms have a spongy soft liner. The spionid are an eyesore but harmless. I’ve had vermatids irritate some corals and cause Stn
what would you suggest on removing this eye soar of a worm, before it causes more stn.... seems like I have it on a frag i picked up

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what would you suggest on removing this eye soar of a worm, before it causes more stn.... seems like I have it on a frag i picked up
I thought about using a drop of thick CA to cover the hole on a couple of mine. Quite a few articles out there; here is one:

Last edited:

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic of them? I usually just crush vermatids but I haven’t found anything for the spionids besides fragging

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back