Acropora lovers - I get no polyp extension -why??

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue with reading about LED lighting here is that MH and T5 people vigorously attack LED's with unsubstantiated claims. Google scholar is a better place for lighting information on t5 vs MH vs LED. I find that members here are too biased to have a decent discussion on that topic specifically. There is no difference in performance due to the method of light creation, only in spread, color (though debatable to some degree), and intensity. Light is light.
The single biggest problem with LED's is the ability for the consumer to get into them and fiddle with spectrum. MH doesn't give you that option. People blame LED for algae growth and other problems when there is something else going on in the tank. The first thing they do is turn the white, green and red down to a blue pastel color. Then take PAR #'s and say they have the right amount of PAR.
Unfortunately PAR is PAR. It doesn't read the spectrum, only the intensity.
Pure LED here
PXL_20211127_212748300.jpg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The single biggest problem with LED's is the ability for the consumer to get into them and fiddle with spectrum. MH doesn't give you that option. People blame LED for algae growth and other problems when there is something else going on in the tank. The first thing they do is turn the white, green and red down to a blue pastel color. Then take PAR #'s and say they have the right amount of PAR.
Unfortunately PAR is PAR. It doesn't read the spectrum, only the intensity.
Pure LED here
PXL_20211127_212748300.jpg
What brand of LEDs are you using?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange passion shortly After the lights come on. 2 Orphek altlantik 4v2.
I never had any PE when I had dwarf angels in the tank. When I moved i took it as an opportunity to re home them and now I have PE. But it could be other factors too but I think the angel fish nipped at night..

corey

Attachments

• DEC99FC2-F1B9-4BEB-8E82-3ACA1C7788FA.jpeg
    DEC99FC2-F1B9-4BEB-8E82-3ACA1C7788FA.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 43

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back