Acropora Propagation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A hot summer day in the greenhouse!
IMGP0610~2.JPG
IMGP0611~2.JPG
IMGP0609~2.JPG
IMGP0614~2.JPG
IMGP0612~2.JPG

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geothermal on a typical residential home has a super loooooong payback period. But for your purposes, and in a location with 105F degree swings in temp, it must have been a no-brainer. You're already will into the money on energy savings I imagine. Very smart.

Curious:
a) LED versus traditional MH / T5. You made this call due to which parameters? Temp control? Maintenance? Popularity of LED in the hobby?
b) Versus tropical latitudes, your light period varies much more. Do you / can you adjust for that? Or does the livestock just "deal with it"
c) Lastly, that is a lot of livestock. Do you also supply to distributors & LFS? I am the part time coral guy for my LFS, so always interested in livestock supply.

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geothermal on a typical residential home has a super loooooong payback period. But for your purposes, and in a location with 105F degree swings in temp, it must have been a no-brainer. You're already will into the money on energy savings I imagine. Very smart.

Curious:
a) LED versus traditional MH / T5. You made this call due to which parameters? Temp control? Maintenance? Popularity of LED in the hobby?
b) Versus tropical latitudes, your light period varies much more. Do you / can you adjust for that? Or does the livestock just "deal with it"
c) Lastly, that is a lot of livestock. Do you also supply to distributors & LFS? I am the part time coral guy for my LFS, so always interested in livestock supply.

a) all those factors
b) adjusting amount of shade cloth
c) not at this time

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back